YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN errors, but YPPASSWS & YPSERVER not installed.

YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN errors, but YPPASSWS & YPSERVER not installed.

Post by Peter Halpe » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I keep getting the error:
"YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: No server for domain (none)"

But, when I installed all of the RH 4.2 CD, I SPECIFICALLY told it to not
install: amd, yppasswd, and ypserver.

So, how do I get rid of the 'yp' stuff that I guess it installed anyway?

Sincerely,
Peter

--
Peter S. Halpern

www.earthlink.net/~phalpern

1. YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound error

Hi

Whenever I connect to some external resources over TCP/IP (principally
Telnet, but sometimes HTML through Netscape) I get the following error
(then a connection):

YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound
YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound

I have a feeling this has got something to do with my NIS configuration ie,
it is looking for an NIS server when there isn't one there.

Does anyone have any idea how to eliminate this error (ie what do I need to
edit in Mandrake 8)?

Thanks in advance

John

2. 40 row display in C shell

3. Error:YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not Bound...

4. Wanted: a w, who, or finger program that works!

5. "YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound" error

6. Xpmac...

7. "YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound" HELP ME!

8. Statistics with Apache on Linux

9. YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound

10. YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound...

11. YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound

12. "YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound" HELP ME!

13. YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound