STREAMS & UP2000

Post by Peter Boyl » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi there,

Anyone run Streams on the UP2000 with 8MB Cache?

I understand (may be wrong) that the 8MB modules
are Dual data rate SRAMS, and that the streams performance
may be much better than the late write SRAMS.

Cheers,

Peter Boyle

STREAMS & UP2000

Post by Tod » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hi there,

> Anyone run Streams on the UP2000 with 8MB Cache?

> I understand (may be wrong) that the 8MB modules
> are Dual data rate SRAMS, and that the streams performance
> may be much better than the late write SRAMS.

> Cheers,

I think the 8MB cache modules from Compaq in the new DS20E and ES40E
are DDR, but I don't think the same is true of the CPU modules from API used
in the UP2K.

STREAMS & UP2000

Post by Peter Boyl » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> > Hi there,

> > Anyone run Streams on the UP2000 with 8MB Cache?

> > I understand (may be wrong) that the 8MB modules
> > are Dual data rate SRAMS, and that the streams performance
> > may be much better than the late write SRAMS.

> > Cheers,

> I think the 8MB cache modules from Compaq in the new DS20E and ES40E
> are DDR, but I don't think the same is true of the CPU modules from API used
> in the UP2K.

Cheers Tod,

any idea when API is going to offer DDR srams?

Peter Boyle

STREAMS & UP2000

Post by Tod » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> > > Hi there,

> > > Anyone run Streams on the UP2000 with 8MB Cache?

> > > I understand (may be wrong) that the 8MB modules
> > > are Dual data rate SRAMS, and that the streams performance
> > > may be much better than the late write SRAMS.

> > > Cheers,

> > I think the 8MB cache modules from Compaq in the new DS20E and ES40E
> > are DDR, but I don't think the same is true of the CPU modules from API
used
> > in the UP2K.

> Cheers Tod,

> any idea when API is going to offer DDR srams?

No idea here, my guess is they may use DDR SRAMS, when they introduce
higher Mhz cpus.
you can try sending them an email and asking?

http://www.alpha-processor.com/corporate/contact.asp

Personally I'm waiting for API's new dual chipset and 1.6Ghz EV6s.
(hope they are overclockable he he.)

http://www.eet.com/story/OEG20000404S0054

1. UP2000 & RH7.0 - openssh-problem

Hi,

I had a problem on an UP2000 with RH6.2 increasing the stacksize by
using pam. I thought it would disappear when upgrading to RH7.0. But now
additionally scp dos not work.

I wanted to increase the default stacksize from 8M to 32M. For doing
that I added to following line to /etc/pam.d/login and /etc/pam.d/sshd:

session   required   /lib/security/pam_limits.so

and the following lines to /etc/sysconfig/limits.conf:

*   hard   stack   32768
*   soft   stack   32768

When doing the same on an Intel machine it worked but not on alpha.
I've installed the following packages:
openssh-*-2.3.0p1-4
kernel-*-2.2.17-14

Any suggestions??

TIA,

Peter

2. QWK mailer for linux?

3. up2000 & network

4. HELP! Printing with lpr (lpd)

5. TclTk 8.0 & C++ (g++) shared library w/stream I/O & RH 5.0 == seg fault...

6. hlp HELP WITH PROGRAMMING!

7. Programming streams stuff && netstat-nr

8. g++ => byte alignment

11. 没有人用中文吗?

12. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

13. URGENT STREAMS pseudodevice/kernel stream head question