kernel 2.1.116+ and udb sound ???

Post by weirdo » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Is there anybody who is getting sound on an alpha multia aka udb with
the 2.1.116 and higher kernels?

starting with 2.1.116 when loading the sound driver the machine locks up
completly, unable to do anything else but powercycle the box.

the distribution is a standard rh 5.1 with egcs but with gcc from rh 5.0
it also locks up

i saw this posted in the linux-kernel list about a month ago and haven't
seen any updates yet so i thought i'd repost it myself.

Jim

1. kernel: nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value 116

Hi,
        I've been seeing the following error message on my Linux 2.0.4
host on occasion:

Oct 26 16:12:16 ganesh kernel: nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 116

It doesn't happen all that often (3 times today, usually less often than
that).  I'm not sure which NFS filesystem it's referring to, but this
particular host mounts directories from a host running HP/UX 10.x and also
from an SGI running Irix 5.3 .  (I suspect it's the SGI mount, just because
the HP mount generates very little traffic, and the frequency of the message
increases with traffic.)

        Has anybody seen this before?  What does it mean (other than the
obvious)?  Should I worry about it?

Thanks!
        Dane Dwyer

2. Books on Linux / Unix Security and Firewalls

3. kernel 2.1.116+ lock up

4. How do I make /bin/find run multiple commands on matching files?

5. Term 116 at sunsite.unc.edu

6. bff files

7. modules problem on 2.1.116/5

8. RoboForm