NTP and those pesky Ecc Errors.

Post by Ian Wilkinso » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hiya,

I've compiled NTP on my Multia and I can't work it out.  I've read all
the documentation that came with it and it just sends me around in
circles.  Any help in getting this thing to just set the time would be
good.

Also is there any way to stop the Ecc errors from appearing on the
Terminal.  It's very disconcerting.  Not to mention I can't see what I'm
doing in Pine if it happens.

Thanks for any help.

Ian Wilkinson.

--
5:55pm  up 1 day, 13:57,  8 users,  load average: 1.08, 1.05, 1.07

1. ECC or non/ECC Memory

I'm building a 350 MHz Pentium based Linux box with an Asus P2B
mainboard.  I need to make a decision on wether to use ECC or non/ECC
RAM.  Is there any overhead associated with error correction??  What
are the pros and cons??  I know that ECC will cost more!!

2. Howto NTWS4 dialup to AIX 4.x ?

3. Disk Errors (hard ecc error)

4. RH 8.0 SMP locks up with no reasonable output

5. does anyone know about an ecc-application like gnu ecc (but correct?)

6. Linux VS MS Windows (Newbie)

7. ecc or ecc+reg

8. Inferno(tm) Linux support

9. Pesky kermit errors...

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. Logging soft errors / ECC L1/L2 cache statistics

12. Sun Fire 280R - keeps crashing with "Error ECC corrected"

13. Question: how does Linux handle Parity/ECC errors?