ATIMach32/Linux/VDIF/DEC VR299 fixed freq.... who knows this ??

ATIMach32/Linux/VDIF/DEC VR299 fixed freq.... who knows this ??

Post by Rene Hibel » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi Everybody,

I/m trying, trying, and trying, but so far no luck..
Has anybody accomplished to configure a Digital Fixed frequency VR299
monitor with an ATI Mach 32 ultra pro ISA 2 MB card.
I'm trying to figure out the linux xf86config files, but all attempts
failed.
Perhaps anybody has done it before, or is it not even possible ?
Please help...

DEC VR299

(Synch on green)

Also, if anybody knows a VDIF file for this monitor, also very very welcome,
then I can try some dossing and windows with this monitor, It really looks
great, but just won't start yet.

Thanks for any word of advise,
rene,

PS, sorry to be running Pentium, looing for a 3rd hand VAX occasion, just a
matter of time.. :-))

ATIMach32/Linux/VDIF/DEC VR299 fixed freq.... who knows this ??

Post by Ian Mun » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:28:24 +0200, "Rene Hibels"

>Hi Everybody,

>I/m trying, trying, and trying, but so far no luck..
>Has anybody accomplished to configure a Digital Fixed frequency VR299
>monitor with an ATI Mach 32 ultra pro ISA 2 MB card.
>I'm trying to figure out the linux xf86config files, but all attempts
>failed.
>Perhaps anybody has done it before, or is it not even possible ?
>Please help...

>DEC VR299

>(Synch on green)

AFAIK, the Ultra Pro supports only separate or composite sync. Try the
Matrox Millennium for sync-on-green.

Post by Christian Simmendinge » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:28:24 +0200, "Rene Hibels"

> >Hi Everybody,

> >I/m trying, trying, and trying, but so far no luck..
> >Has anybody accomplished to configure a Digital Fixed frequency VR299
> >monitor with an ATI Mach 32 ultra pro ISA 2 MB card.
> >I'm trying to figure out the linux xf86config files, but all attempts
> >failed.
> >Perhaps anybody has done it before, or is it not even possible ?
> >Please help...

> >DEC VR299

> >(Synch on green)

> AFAIK, the Ultra Pro supports only separate or composite sync. Try the
> Matrox Millennium for sync-on-green.

Have done that once but's some time ago.
For a staring point (there are simpler designs too)
http://www.veryComputer.com/
The tweaking of the Xconfig however is a * iirc.

Christian

1. Fixed Freq. Monitor DEC VR299....HELP!!

I have a DEC (Digital) Fixed Freq. Monitor. It's a VR299.
Does someone have a mod or Xconfigurator or xf86config setting for it??
I'm using the Photon Video Card, a Cirrus 5434 with chip  for Fixed
Friq. DEC

BTW All is fine in W95 and NT4.0
Thanks
Wolf

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Diamond Stealth III s540 supported???

3. Fixed Freq. Monitor DEC VR299 HELP!!

4. Minimum Requirements

5. Old DEC VRT19-DA Fixed Freq Monitor

6. About SSL

7. Artist XJ10 + DEC fixed freq.

8. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 6 of 6)

9. Linux w/ fixed freq. monitors

10. PCI bus freq with CPU freq at (X * 40)Mhz?

11. Help - need X-config for 5081 Fixed Freq monitor.

12. X not working with fixed freq card/monitor

13. XF86Config (for X312G) and fixed freq monitor?