1. Inverse screen colours on boot screen
I have an old IPX station with a cgthree frame buffer
(GX card i think).
In the NVRAM on this box I can see two boolean parameters
called "inverse?" and "inverse-screen?". The values of
these addresses can be changed to cause the boot up
screen to appear white text on a black background rather
rather than the default black on white.
being able to do this is important to me as I need to
minimise the brightness/luminesence of the screen due
to the environment in which the box is being used.
I was setting these booleans from the Forth prompt by
true to inverse?
true to inverse-screen?
So on the IPX box i was putting these into the NVRAMRC.
However, on an Ultra 1 with an Sbus TurboGX+ frame buffer
I get a data access error message from OpenBoot when
I try to do this.
Can anybody, anywhere help me with this? I need some
help fairly urgently.
2. News Article: BSD '3 times as popular as desktop Linux' - Apple
3. Solaris Boot Screen Colours
4. DDD 3.3 using gdb version 4.18 aborts with segmentation fault
5. how to change screen color on console screen??
6. Problems with mandrake after adding partition
7. Press Ctrl-D whiling inputting
8. XF86Config for Orchid Fahrenheit Pro64 ??
10. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode
12. How to set root color in the XDM login screen?