alpha beowulf cluster?

Post by bob smit » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:24:34

I had been attempting to do a reasonable 8 node alpha cluster with
NetBSD, but ... I want to try with linux.  Any recommendations as to
cluster tools, sw. or version of the kernel? I am figuring RH7.2 for
now.  I do like debian also.
Thanks for any thoughts on this
bob

alpha beowulf cluster?

Post by dool » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:00:28

> I had been attempting to do a reasonable 8 node alpha cluster with
> NetBSD, but ... I want to try with linux.  Any recommendations as to
> cluster tools, sw. or version of the kernel? I am figuring RH7.2 for
> now.  I do like debian also.
> Thanks for any thoughts on this
> bob

This site has some information and links
(though it may be a bit out of date)
http://anusf.anu.edu.au/wyrd/Intro.html
Phil

alpha beowulf cluster?

Post by M?ns Rullg? » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:24:18

> I had been attempting to do a reasonable 8 node alpha cluster with
> NetBSD, but ... I want to try with linux.  Any recommendations as to
> cluster tools, sw. or version of the kernel? I am figuring RH7.2 for
> now.  I do like debian also.

The appropriate tool depends on what you are trying to achieve.  I
have successfully used MPI on Alpha systems.  You could also look at
OpenMOSIX.

Google for MPICH and/or OpenMOSIX, I can't recall the URLs.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd

alpha beowulf cluster?

Post by Aneesh Kumar K. » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:11:16

> I had been attempting to do a reasonable 8 node alpha cluster with
> NetBSD, but ... I want to try with linux.  Any recommendations as to
> cluster tools, sw. or version of the kernel? I am figuring RH7.2 for
> now.  I do like debian also.
> Thanks for any thoughts on this
> bob

Try www.openssi.org . Debian would be the best option to go for Alpha
linux since alpha is mostly getting testing with debian.

1. Beowulf cluster setup

Hello,

I want to try to setup a beowulf cluster for a school project. The
problem I have with it is the software.
I cannot find any documents, howto's, or web pages that describe how to
setup a beowulf cluster. I have checked out www.beowulf.org, and many
other beowulf sites, all without success.

I will be using RH (5.1), with Pentium class machines.

Now, I would like to know if somebody could point me to a document which
describes how to set this up. Also, can beowulf be used with the new
2.2.1 kernel? If so, what patches need to be applied/which settings
changed? What software should I use to get the beowulf cluster running?
etc.

Any help would be appreciated,

Grtz,
    Eon.

--
My mail is powered by Linux!

2. seeking 8-bit connection prgram like rlogin~!

3. beowulf clusters

4. X freezing up........

5. Beowulf clusters

6. Soundblaster Audigy under mandrake. Is it posible?

7. help with linux clustering (BEOWULF)

8. ?set up a Xircom CEM-10 pcmcia MODEM?

9. "Building Beowulf Clusters"

10. troubles booting Beowulf cluster using lamboot

11. Beowulf cluster w/ virtual Linuxes in VMWare ?

12. Apache on a Beowulf cluster?

13. Beowulf cluster