XModmap?

Post by Kerstin Hoef-Emde » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Ive got RedHat 5.2 installed on my LX164, and I am wondering, whether it is
normal that this distribution doesnt come with an XModmap file.

If I want to have an XModmap on my system, where can I get one? Will it have
any effect on KDE?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Kerstin

--

1. xmodmap for GlidePoint?

I'm running X11R6.1 with a GlidePoint trackpad set up in my X setup as the
Pointer...

If I do an xmodmap -pp, it shows correctly that I now have 4 buttons...

and Netscape is happy using the 4th buttton (tap) to do the right thing...

however, if I try to use xmodmap to map button 4 to one of the others, so I
can use tap as button 2, eg

xmodmap -e 'pointer = 1 2 3 2'

I get an error saying

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request: 116 (X_SetPointerMapping)
  Value in failed request: 0x2
  Serial number of failed request:  10
  Current serial number in output stream:  10

...so it would seem xmodmap is a bit confused...

how do I do this?

thanks

2. CD Writers

3. xmodmap and Latin-1

4. RH 6.0 hangs during install (AHA 2940, SCSI CD-ROM)

5. xmodmap, AltGr and Swiss keyboard

6. PPP and WinNT

7. Xmodmap.dk updated

8. Answerbook loads down processor