Looking for a AlphaLinux MySQL success!

Post by Steven How » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
been trying to make MySQL 3.2.27 compile and work under Redhat 6.1 on an
Alpha and UltraSparc
box. They both exhibit the same behavior. Bomb on "grant tables". I've
tried the last MySQL beta,
but it also fails.  Anybody got this to work?  Please send along you
experiences.

--
Steven Howe
Senior Network Administrator

phone: 805-957-9696 ext 134
fax:   805-957-9239

Looking for a AlphaLinux MySQL success!

Post by Pixl Graphi » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I use MySQL 3.22.29 on a Alpha DP264 w/RH 6.0 with out  any problems, I
compiled the srpm's from the MySQL web site. You may want to try the newer
version, If you havn't, get the srpms and rpm --rebuild them.

IXM

> Hi,
> been trying to make MySQL 3.2.27 compile and work under Redhat 6.1 on an
> Alpha and UltraSparc
> box. They both exhibit the same behavior. Bomb on "grant tables". I've
> tried the last MySQL beta,
> but it also fails.  Anybody got this to work?  Please send along you
> experiences.

> --
> Steven Howe
> Senior Network Administrator
> SupplySolution.com

> phone: 805-957-9696 ext 134
> fax:   805-957-9239

1. Looking for General Ledger Software and Others for AlphaLinux

I am in a process of acquiring an AlphaLinux workstation and would like to
know if an AlphaLinux workstation can be used as an accounting as well as
wordprocessing workstation for a general company.  What I am interested in
is
the existence of a general ledger program as well as wordprocessor for the
AlphaLinux platform, aside from applixware.  In other words:

 1. Can anyone please tell me if there exists a general ledger software for
an
AlphaLinux and where can I download its binary as well as the source code?

 2. I know there is Lyx for Linux.  However, is there any other
wordprocessor
under AlphaLinux that is capable of retrieving and saving the document in
the
MS Word format?

One last thing is that I am interested to know is the Wine project.  Is Wine
available for AlphaLinux?

Thank you.

--
Robert Young,

2. 2.5 + X makes Emacs dump core (+ patch)

3. Debian - PHP, Apache, MySQL - Success?

4. NCR810 can't allocate command

5. problems using Apache+mod_dav with Dreamweaver WebDAV

6. Looking for success stories with Matrox

7. Newbe upgrading X in Linux pro 4.1a (Help?)

8. Looking for Intranet Success Stories

9. SWM looking for modern motherboard success stories

10. looking for mySQL...

11. Looking for ISP with Apache/PHP/Mysql compiled in one unit

12. Apache / PHP4 / MySql Problem - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock'