VMware-like for Alpha?

Post by Radu P Mondesc » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi:

I really need to run both Unix (Linux) and Windows NT applications on the
same machine (without rebooting) and I wonder if anything like VMware (that
allows virtual machines running various OSes on the same hardware) for
Intel-based architecture is available for AlphaPCs?

One wild theoretical solution (?) would be to run Compaq's FX!32 emulator
that allows 32 bits x86 programs to run on Alpha chip, but that would
imply-besides compatibility-an extra software layer (has anyone tried
that?).

With many thanks for any info and other suggestions,
Radu Mondescu