Netscape for Alpha/RedHat 6.1

Post by Doug Kin » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I'm running RedHat 6.1 on my Alpha, using Gnome.  Is there anywhere I can
get an RPM of Netscape to install?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Doug

Post by Edwin Koshimot » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>Hello,
>I'm running RedHat 6.1 on my Alpha, using Gnome.  Is there anywhere I can
>get an RPM of Netscape to install?  Thanks in advance for any help.

>Doug

AFAIK, no such beast directly exists.  If you have a legitimate copy of
Digital UNIX then you can use the OSF version of Netscape by using the
DU libraries.

ed

--

Post by hgm » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I'm running RedHat 6.1 on my Alpha, using Gnome.  Is there anywhere I can
> get an RPM of Netscape to install?  Thanks in advance for any help.

> Doug

Ok ,there isn't any Netscape w3-browser for Linux/Alpha ,but there is Mozilla
,www.mozilla.org
But if u use em86 emulator ,u can use intel netscape binaries

Post by Ben Slus » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> AFAIK, no such beast directly exists.  If you have a legitimate copy of
> Digital UNIX then you can use the OSF version of Netscape by using the
> DU libraries.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to the illegitimate copy,
whose URL was posted here some months back?

--
Ben Slusky                 | If Apollo 13 went off course today

"will program for food"          | the astronauts out, and re-install
PGP keyID E2C2D949         | new ones.  -Kibo

Netscape for Alpha/RedHat 6.1

Post by Nick Rawling » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

http://people.redhat.com/blizzard/software/RPMS/alpha/

Quote:

> Out of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to the illegitimate copy,
> whose URL was posted here some months back?

--
Nick Rawlings - Web Author, HarvestRoad Ltd.

Netscape for Alpha/RedHat 6.1

Post by Robert W. McGwi » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Why don't you go to www.mozilla.org and get a copy for your self?

1. timed on ALPHA RedHat 6.1

I have installed a RedHat 6.1 on a ALPHA 500a PWS
and I try to synchronize the date with an intel box running Linux
When I try to set up timed with
timed -t
I got the wrong date from the server.
After some debugging of timed, I found that the message from the
server was troncated (i.e the server name was incorrect in the
structure std : i.e. "-univ-lyon1.fr" instead of "mecapar.univ-lyon1.fr")
Does timed work on ALPHA (i.e. with a 64bits system) and is it compatible
with Linux 32bits ?
Any help world be appreciated; -)

        Marc

Marc BUFFAT, Prof. Universite Claude Bernard LYON I
tel: (33) 4/72/18/61/61 (LMFA) ou (33) 4/72/43/10/05 (UCBL)
fax: (33) 4/78/64/71/45

2. retrieving a date

3. Redhat 6.1 on Alpha XL 266

4. Shell script: grepping to single line!

5. Help with RedHat 6.1 on Alpha Multia please

6. authenticate to an NT4 domain with Corel Linux

7. Compiling on Redhat 6.1 for Alpha

8. Newbie Question Regarding RH 7.1 and Roadrunner.

9. length error installing RedHat 6.1 Alpha

10. Help with RedHat 6.1 on Alpha Multia please

11. RedHat 6.1 troubles on an Alpha XL 266

12. Redhat 6.1 for Alpha?? Where?

13. Redhat 7.1 and Netscape 6.1