(Speaking for myself, not my employer)
payner at timken dot com
Looking for Alpha-Linux info?
> I want to get KDE to work on my Alpha, and I was wondering what was
> involved, I heard many people were talking about having to install Qt and
> then rebuild KDE, I wouldn't mind doing this but I want to find out if there
> is some documentation that goes along with it, and would explain what I
> should do so I don't go and*up a nice Alpha. Thanks.
> Danny Chen
1.1pre1 work great. When I was checking the path above I noticed that
they were setting up the directory structure for 1.1pre2, so you might
be able to grab those instead.
John Walstra Motorola, Inc. CIG
phone :(847) 632-3071 Arlington Heights, IL 60004
fax :(847) 632-4164 Proud member of MotLUG
1. Fwd: [kde-solaris] 32-bit KDE 3.2.2 Solaris packages built with Forte
Forwarded from the kde-solaris mailing list.
---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Subject: [kde-solaris] 32-bit KDE 3.2.2 Solaris packages built with Forte
Date: Friday 04 June 2004 23:29
I have uploaded the 32-bit KDE 3.2.2 packages for Solaris 8/9 built
on Solaris 8 with the Sun Forte 8 compilers, consisting of a full
release of KDE, KDevelop 3.0.3 and Quanta 3.2.2. As an added bonus,
KBear 2.1 is included in the kdenetwork package. The packages can be
from your favorite KDE mirror. Please allow a few hours for the
mirrors to sync (the lag time can be anywhere between 3 to 12 hours).
KOffice 1.3.1 will follow very shortly.
[ ... snip ... ]
It is very likely that these packages will run just fine on Solaris 9
as well. I have not had the time to test on Solaris 9 yet -- i am
planning on testing it this weekend, and i will post an update.
Have fun with KDE.
Stefan Teleman 'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
This message is from the kde-solaris mailing list.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
2. Full duplex sound card for multitrack recording?
3. Building KDE 2.0 with KDE 1.1.x active...
5. Alpha stops after building kernel 2.1.122 :-(
6. END GAME: Windows XP faces sluggish adoption
7. Building an Alpha machine???
9. Impasse! Building kernel on DEC Alpha
10. kbuild: 2.5.28 won't build on alpha
11. Help! Assembler build problem on Alpha(inb instruction)
12. User-land build for OpenBSD-current/alpha
13. Failed build on Alpha with binutils 2.13