Linux Alpha & Java Media Frame Work (JMF)

Linux Alpha & Java Media Frame Work (JMF)

Post by Mohan Vaghu » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:00:19

I recently installed the Java Media Frame (JMF2.1) from sun ftp site for my
Alpha Linux. I am trying to display MPEG files using the media player, and I
am getting an error (in the jmf.log file) - Unable to handle format: MPEG,
352x240....

Has anybody tried JMF2.1 on Alpha Linux?
Does it handle MPEG files (it should, but maybe I am setting it up wrong) ?
The same program (identical jar file) works on Windows just fine.
I am including in my CLASSPATH - jmf.jar, multiplayer.jar, mediaplayer.jar.

Any ideas?

Mohan

1. Java jdbc/odbc & Linux / Alpha

Hi,

I would like information on how to get a java application that uses
jdbc/odbc to interface with Postgres db on a linux machine. Specifically, I
have a java application that uses jdbc/odbc to interface with MS access. I
would like the same app to use the Postgres db on my linux/alpha machine.
How can I configure the postgres, jdbc, and odbc on my linux machine to
enable the java application to access it? Any links, or pointers would be
appreciated.

I have the postgres db working fine on my machine, I am not sure what
components I need to get the ODBC/JDBC working.

Mohan

2. Weird gcc error -- __FDSET_INTS undeclared

4. booting to a 32-bit solaris

5. Mozilla 1.4.1 & Java Media framwork 2.1.1e ?

6. Looking For Qms Sysv Lp

7. MEDIA: Why It Makes Sense for Sun to Open-Source Java Libraries & Solaris Kernel

8. Setting up a PPP connection

9. Kernel 2.2.3 & bttv & virtual frame buffer & quake II

10. Pre-alpha Frame Relay driver available for Linux

11. ANNOUNCE: Linux New Media Architecture (JAVA/TCL/GROW/WWW/ETC)

12. Problem with Linux and Java Media Framework

13. java/47447: linux-sun-jdk1.4.1: java command can't find java.lang.Object