I have DEC 2000 Model 500 AXP and new cd with Debian
But after boot kernel hangs after detecting paraport0.
So used reserve to turn off detection of ether card and paraport
Now kernel stops after 'Starting Kswapd' message
been in contact with someone who has done it, so it can
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers could set up
a national IP network."
That kernel hang you are experiencing is related to the specificity of
the kernel. Or to be precise it is related to the missing specificity of
the kernel. In other words it seems the kernel is build for all alphas
using the generic optin in .config. Unfortunately that option should be
named almost_generic as it does not work on the jensen plattform. To
work around that problem one could use a kernel, that was built
specificly for jensen. That is what I waws doing the last years and it
worked, sort of. But I have only first hand experience with SuSE and
RedHat. (Maybe www.alphalinux.org has some usefull information)
Ahoi & good luck
> > I have DEC 2000 Model 500 AXP and new cd with Debian
> > But after boot kernel hangs after detecting paraport0.
> > So used reserve to turn off detection of ether card and paraport
> > Now kernel stops after 'Starting Kswapd' message
> Yeah.. That's where I'm at with it too. I have
> been in contact with someone who has done it, so it can
> be done.
> "Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers could set up
> a national IP network."
1. Booting Alpha AXP 150 (jensen) with Linux - ??
Has anyone booted AXp 150 with Linux?
BLADE 0.2 does not support old jensens and the installation
only states that "you must copy this disk to SCSI device
before trying to boot it". But how does the actual booting occur?
I have tried copying jensen.srm to c:/ with Nt and
then booting from OSF console but it tells me
Is there anyone who has succeeded done this??
2. MediaVision 3D SCSI Port Question
3. Jensen don′t boot any kernel image
4. bogomips...in /proc/cpuinfo
5. Booting Alpha AXP150 (jensen) with Linux ??
7. How to remove XDM boot in Debian (potato)?
8. reiserfs and nfs, software raid
9. debian question: using slink boot disks to install potato??
10. debian question: possible to install potato using slink boot disks??
11. Eisa Configuration Disk for JENSEN is Corrupt !!1
12. help!! - linux install problem on Jensen
13. Anyone running Linux on Dec Alpha AXP150 (jensen)?