make zImage => goes wrong , make dep clean => goes alright

Post by rkv » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,

>But when I
>do "make zImage" , after about 15 minutes it gives errors about
>"checksum.o" , it says: "already configured" and then it stops and there
>is no zImage file.

I always thought that zImage doesn't work on alpha (never tried 2.2.0), try
"make boot".

make zImage => goes wrong , make dep clean => goes alright

Post by Andrew C. Ohnst » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

> I always thought that zImage doesn't work on alpha (never tried 2.2.0), try
> "make boot".

Thank you, I was just about to ask, since "make zImage" kept bombing on
me.  :)

--
=-=Andrew

Post by Greg Linda » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> says...

> > I always thought that zImage doesn't work on alpha (never tried 2.2.0), try
> > "make boot".

> Thank you, I was just about to ask, since "make zImage" kept bombing on
> me.  :)

So, years after someone had the bright idea of "hey, maybe make zImage
on the Alpha should give an explanatory message instead of bombing in
an obscure way"...

it still...

-- g