MILO and RedHat Linux 5.1 doesn't see my ide harddrive

MILO and RedHat Linux 5.1 doesn't see my ide harddrive

Post by Tom Muld » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

hello, I have got a problem MILO and Redhat doesn't see my IDE
harddrive it's connected right, and if i want to 'ls' to my Harddrive
it yust reboots.
how must i say milo and Redhat linux 5.1 that i have a Harddrive

-----
Tom Mulder

1. RedHat 5.1 Install doesn't find Disk Drive

Hello,

    I'm trying to install RedHat 5.1. My machine has two 540 Meg hard
drives. Identical. When I install, and get to the Disk Druid, it only
allows me to partition the slave drive. Yet, after I install, and boot
(using a floppy) I can access the master drive. I can
partition/repartition it to my hearts content.

    If I boot using the 5.0 boot floppy, I can manipulate both drives.

    One kink in this is that once, I did install 5.0 on the master. And
the computer ran just fine. So I doubt the disk drive went nuts.

    Now, I can't see those partitions with the 5.1.

    I went out and downloaded all of 5.1. and figured out how to install
via NFS. Once I got it working, it works slick!

    How, can I get the master drive. Without that, I won't have as
complete of system as I'd want.

    There's nothing on these disks. So I have no hesitation wiping them
clean. It's just that I don't know what I need to do to get the /dev/hda
disk to be seen during install.

    Thanks in advance,
    Lyndon F. Bartels

2. Listserv for Linux...

3. redhat 5.1 doesn't detect SN2000 (NE2000 clone) card

4. Terrible AIT3 performance.

5. RedHat 5.1 kernel doesn't support mounting CD_ROMs or FAT32?

6. UNIX library functions and suid

7. RedHat 5.1 - genhdlist doesn't work

8. How do you confine users to their own home directory?

9. CD drive doesn't work under redhat 5.1

10. Redhat 5.1 doesn't probe my network card

11. KDE 1.0pre doesn't compile under RedHat 5.1 and SuSE 5.2 (both i386)

12. Modem doesn't disconnect using RedHat 5.1 netcfg

13. redhat 5.1 doesn't detect SN2000 (NE2000 clone) ethercard