UP2000+ help

Post by Anthony Ch » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:05:21

Hi, I have a UP2000+, and i'm not sure how to boot it.  If anyone can
direct me to someplace with some information, that would be great.
The computer is booting into a blue screen with a P00>>> prompt.  I
have a SCSI harddrive connected to the onboard controller, but i'm not
sure how to boot to it, or to initialize it.  I tried hitting F2 like
the Alpha documentation says, but i don't get that nice graphical
bios.  Also, can someone tell me how to boot to the CDROM, and how to
check whether its detecting the harddrive or not?
thanks

Anthony.

UP2000+ help

http://www.alphalinux.org/faq/srm.html

--
-------------------------------------

1. HELP: halt code =5 error on Alpha UP2000 machine running Tur64 Unix

Hi !

I have an Alpha UP2000 machine running Tru64 unix (ver 5.0A, SRM
Console A5.6-5 and SROM version V1.9.6).

The machine had been up and running fine without any problems for ~ 9
months, when all of a sudden, one fine day it crashed giving the
error:

=======
trap: invalid memory read access from kernel mode

Panic (cpu 0): kernal memory fault

WARNING: The support routine for the interface get_info was not
registered by your platform support module

DUMP: No primary swap, no explicit dumpdev
                    Nowhere to put header, giving up.

halted CPU0

halt code = 5

HALT instruction executed
PC = fffffc00005b2210
P00>>>
=======

From the BOOT prompt P00>>>, if I execute the commands "show power" or
"show shutdown_temp", I get:

=======
P00>>>show power

                                Status
Power Supply 0                  not present
Power Supply 1/Fan Tray         * BAD *
Power Supply 2/Fan Tray         not present
System Fan 0                    * BAD *
System Fan 1                    * BAD *
CPU Fans                        good
Temperature                     * BAD *

P00>>> show shutdown_temp
shutdown_temp                   55
=======

To compound matters, the original vendor for the machine no longer
exists and the company that has taken over has agreed to replace any
faulty parts if I can identify them.  I am not sure if the above
problem results from a software or a gardware issue.

Does anybody have any idea how I can identify if its a
software/hardware issue and how I can resolve it.

Also, are there any companies in MA area that provide contract support
for UP2000 machines running Tru64 unix ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Regards
Vijay

2. "ping" without icmp ?

3. Seti and UP2000

4. background process

5. Seagate Cheeta 36Giga LW hard disk and UP2000

6. Max disk sizes??

7. The on-board aic-7890 in the UP2000 system

8. Konsole crashes on my m/c

9. Where's the SRM manual? (for UP2000)

10. clicking in recorded sound on a UP2000

11. Upper limit of memory capacity of UP2000

12. UP2000 Memory

13. STREAMS & UP2000