Arc/AlphaBios Clock

Post by Gsd-C » Sun, 07 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have a Alpha Station 200 that's now displaying the time as February 6, 2079 Sunday.
There's a message that states NVRAM needs the date to be set prior to booting.
I go in to change the date and I get illegal system time or date returned and the
time and date are not changed. What could cause this to happen? I just finished
installing Linux last nite. This was never an issue with WindowsNt4.0. Now that
I've scrapped Nt on this Alpha it's having all sorts of problems. How can I fix
this date problem?

--
Glen Schult

Http://Www.Gsd-Co.Com

Arc/AlphaBios Clock

Post by Shana Tacket » Sun, 21 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Check the file /etc/sysconfig/clock. It should have the following lines in
it:

UTC=false
ARC=true
this an other info on intsalling Linux are on
http://home.att.net/~sltackett

    I have a Alpha Station 200 that's now displaying the time as February 6,
2079 Sunday.
    There's a message that states NVRAM needs the date to be set prior to
booting.
    I go in to change the date and I get illegal system time or date
returned and the
    time and date are not changed. What could cause this to happen? I just
finished
    installing Linux last nite. This was never an issue with WindowsNt4.0.
Now that
    I've scrapped Nt on this Alpha it's having all sorts of problems. How
can I fix
    this date problem?

    --
    Glen Schult

    Http://Www.Gsd-Co.Com

1. boot from SRM into ARC/AlphaBIOS ?

By looking around on the SRM Firmware CD and DEC FTP site, I was able to
make a bootable floppy disk using tools I found that will boot an
AlphaStation200 from SRM into the ARC console without flashing the ROM.
The AlphaStation is supposed to be able to hold both consoles but this
particular one at work says it doesn't have the ARC console in ROM.
With the boot floppy I made, I can: boot dva0 and get the ARC going.
Does anyone know if this is possible with other Alpha systems ? I have
an AlphaPC164 that I flashed with SRM from ARC at home and I have one
disk with NT on it and I'd like to look at something on the disk without
reflashing ROM.  Anyone know if it's possible to make a SRM-> ARC
bootable floppy for systems besides AlphaStation 200 ?

Thanks,

Dirk

2. How to disable KDE2.0 screensavers?

3. Arc-Info/Arc-View Inquiry

4. Linux and Perl

5. Setting my hardware clock to atomic clock?

6. /dev/rmt/0cbn or /dev/rmt/0mbn?

7. Want to have an atomic clock sync your Linux box clock ?

8. Can't rsync, what's up?

9. system clock/bios clock setting

10. linux clock off by four hours from mac clock

11. Dot clock (driving clock frequency) for Tseng Lab ET4000?

12. Bad CMOS clock or bad `clock -a'?

13. how to sync system clock to CMOS clock