RedHat 7.2

Post by Olivier Clamen » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:38:07

Hi!
I really need some help...
Here is my problem:
I wanted to install Linux RedHat 7.2 on my PWS433au Digital WorkStation
(128MB RAM)
Matrox (Mach64) graphic card...
I downloaded the isos files, burned them on CD.... created the kernel and
RAMdisk
floppy....
I followed the README file instructions.... everything was OK...
But in the packages install process.... it crashes with an error message :
"abnormal exit: received signal 11" or something like that!!!

I really tired of trying... Anyone can help me before I go crazy?? Thanks a
lot!!

RedHat 7.2

Post by Andrew Schult » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:25:44

> Hi!
> I really need some help...
> Here is my problem:
> I wanted to install Linux RedHat 7.2 on my PWS433au Digital WorkStation
> (128MB RAM)
> Matrox (Mach64) graphic card...
> I downloaded the isos files, burned them on CD.... created the kernel and
> RAMdisk
> floppy....
> I followed the README file instructions.... everything was OK...
> But in the packages install process.... it crashes with an error message :
> "abnormal exit: received signal 11" or something like that!!!

> I really tired of trying... Anyone can help me before I go crazy?? Thanks a
> lot!!

signal 11 is a segmentation fault.  something crashed.

if it gives you a chance, go look at the virtual terminals (ctrl-alt-F1,
ctrl-alt-F2, etc) and see if there is something more descriptive there.

you might try the textmode install as it sometimes works in cases the GUI does not.

  Andrew Schultz                    | The views expressed might

  http://www4.ncsu.edu/~ajschult/   | They are however, correct.

1. configuring gcc-2.7.2.x on redhat 7.2

Hi
  In a project i need to use linux kernel 2.0.x. Currnetly i am using
Redhat 7.2 with gcc-2.96 on Intel celeron. When i build kernel 2.0.x
it gives error. I found out that it needs to be build with
gcc-2.7.2.x. Well i tried to configure it but it gives error:
This appears to be i686-unknown-linux system.
Invalid configuration ...
Can anyone help me to turn around this!
Thanks

2. ModeLine for 1600x1200?

3. RedHat 7.2 on THinkPad 7.2

4. CGI wrap

5. install problems, redhat 6.2 vs redhat 7.2 on PC-104+ single board computer

6. group permissions on main directories.

7. Help: Upgrade from Redhat 7.1 to Redhat 7.2 results internet problem

8. test

9. Redhat 6.2 with kernel 2.4.x or Redhat 7.2 ?

10. Win2k and RedHat 7.2 on different hard-drive dual-boot with LILO??

11. Redhat 7.2 and Scanners

12. Linksys NIC with RedHat 7.2

13. Redhat 7.2 - ipchains (i need an idiots access method)