Animated icons

Post by Stephen War » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I was wondering if it is possible to use animated icons with Linux.
I had in mind something similar to the old Amiga A500, in so much that
when you selected an icon with the mouse to start a program, then the
icon could change.
I can`t remember whether the A500 stored two icons as one info file.
Anyway I thought that it would be fun if this could be done with Linux.
Are there any packages available which would allow me to do this.

Animated icons

Post by Harri Haataj » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I was wondering if it is possible to use animated icons with Linux.
> I had in mind something similar to the old Amiga A500, in so much that
> when you selected an icon with the mouse to start a program, then the
> icon could change.
> I can`t remember whether the A500 stored two icons as one info file.
> Anyway I thought that it would be fun if this could be done with Linux.
> Are there any packages available which would allow me to do this.

In what? wm? fm?

There was a curious thing in "bigger" Amigas called toolmanager which did
Next-style docks and few other things.
These docks could run an animation when you started a prog.
It also had as-like toolchest-type opening cascade-menu icons in it (huh).
Those (are) not in WM I see?

--
Harri Haataja

1. Irritating animated icons in Konqueror

Hi,

Running Konqueror 2.2.2 (KDE 2.2.2-2) on a RH 7.2 (+ latest updates)
system. If I expand any directory in the sidebar I get the yellow
animated KDE icon superimposed on the folder icon... which then refuses
to go away. The entire sidebar graphic flickers (and many CPU cycles are
chewed) - it appears as if Konqueror is repeatedly trying (and failing)
to open something.

This never happened in 2.2.1. Any ideas?

Regards,

--
Lionel B

2. (no subject)

3. Animated icons, How?

4. Max Number of Xclients?

5. animated icons

6. looking for joystick.h

7. animating xpm icons

8. FTP

9. KDE Animated folder icon question

10. Animated and color icons ?

11. What prg animates the icons on an X desktop?

12. Icons, Icon veiwer and Icon converter

13. IE5 "favourites" icons when bookmarking, was Re: Explorer 5 icon