AlphaPC64 Flash ROM Problem

Post by Eric E. Bard » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi All,

I was trying to program my Flash ROM on my AlphaPCI64-275 with the
Cabriolet MILO the other night and I think it over wrote the mini-de*
and Windows NT ARC loader.  Now it won't boot.  Anyone have a good idea
how to salvage this thing?

Eric Bardes

AlphaPC64 Flash ROM Problem

Post by Michael C. Vergall » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi All,

>I was trying to program my Flash ROM on my AlphaPCI64-275 with the
>Cabriolet MILO the other night and I think it over wrote the mini-de*
>and Windows NT ARC loader.  Now it won't boot.  Anyone have a good idea
>how to salvage this thing?

depends, how far you goofed up. You can normally force a fail-safe booter
with a jumper look at the manual off the board for instructions.

Michael

--
Michael C. Vergallen A.k.A. Mad Mike,
Sportstraat 28                  http://www.veryComputer.com/

Post by jmd » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Hi All,

> I was trying to program my Flash ROM on my AlphaPCI64-275 with the
> Cabriolet MILO the other night and I think it over wrote the mini-de*
> and Windows NT ARC loader.  Now it won't boot.  Anyone have a good idea
> how to salvage this thing?

Been there..done that..

The manual has 2 options...1) jumpers and 2) setting up a terminal from
comm1. (this is not the mini debug port)

It would seem easier to me to make a 2M (or so) DOS partition and copy
MILO and linload.exe to it.

If you still have trouble there are vendors who will reset it for you
for a nominal fee.

HTH
jeff

> Eric Bardes

AlphaPC64 Flash ROM Problem

Post by Eric E. Barde » Sat, 26 Dec 1998 04:00:00

To recap:  I think I overwrote my Flash ROM with a faulty image.  Now my
system will not boot ...

> It would seem easier to me to make a 2M (or so) DOS partition and copy
> MILO and linload.exe to it.

As near as I can tell, this board doesn't know how to boot off of hard
drive
or floppy.  I've been trying to get the SROM port working with little
success.

Quote:> If you still have trouble there are vendors who will reset it for you
> for a nominal fee.

Do you feel comfortable sharing some of these vendors?

--
Thanks --
Eric

1. Flash ROM Driver / Flash File System

Hi, I need advice on how to access the flash rom
on my embedded system to create a file system. I
would like to be able to read and write from the
flash rom.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Gnome gone after installed kde2!!!

3. Problem with SRM Alphapc64

4. page_t struct and data?

5. My Mitsumi won't mount

6. Linux obsolete in 3 years?

7. CD-Rom light flashing and then going solid....

8. booting thru flash-rom

9. Installing Linux on Flash ROM (no HD) ?

10. flash-rom