How to Update Firmware on AXPpci33 MB

Post by Egon Rat » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

Ive got a Board with the "SRM Common Console X4.5-2720" Firmware installed. How can
i update the Firmware. There is no fwupdate command... :( I know that i can run Linux
using this Firmware its just in the case that i need to update the firmware somewhen
in the future.

Thank you!

Bye, Egon

--
Egon Rath, Thanstetten 67, 4521 Schiedlberg, Austria

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                                   (Thomas Jefferson)

How to Update Firmware on AXPpci33 MB

Post by Adonna Frankel & Paul Smit » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Ive got a Board with the "SRM Common Console X4.5-2720" Firmware
installed. How can
>i update the Firmware. There is no fwupdate command... :( I know that i can
run Linux
>using this Firmware its just in the case that i need to update the
firmware somewhen
>in the future.

The AXPpci33 is an oldie but goodie.  There were two models, one with an AT
motherboard connector and no PS/2 mouse, the other with a small PS/2
motherboard connector and a port for a PS/2 mouse.  Only the second design
can run Tru64 UNIX.

The directions on www.compaq.com only tell how to upgrade SRM using Tru64
UNIX.  If anybody has upgraded or converted from ARC bios using Linux or
BSD, let us know.  It is not a simple procedure, and a mistake can be
irreversible.

Paul Smith

1. Firmware update AXPpci33 MILO->SRM?

We have an old AXPpci33 ("Noname") box sitting around. It came
originally with ARC firmware, which was later replaced by what is
now an ancient version of MILO.

I would like to replace MILO with SRM, which appears to be available
from ftp.digital.com. Is this possible? I vaguely recall reading about
DEC's SRM update programs only working if SRM is already installed.

--

2. 0.99pl15 dual mon patches

3. Alpha AXPpci33 - howto upgrade the firmware

4. 2.4.20pre5 trivial compiler warning fix for irtty.c

5. [1-11] update the firmware of the av7110 dvb driver

6. Questions about OOPs capturing in Redhat 7.3

7. How to update firmware under linux ?

8. ? how to keep more from entering vi ?

9. Failed 43p firmware update and recovery

10. Updating firmware on PC64-275 board

11. AS/200 4/233 Firmware update

12. Hard driver boot error after firmware update

13. BusLogic BT-948 disappeared after firmware update??