wget doing strange things...

Post by Ian Wilkinso » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Having noticed a recent thread here about wget I thought I would try it.

Can anyone see a reason why it would not download a jpg.

the command I used was,

wget http://www.mcartledge.freeserve.co.uk/index/gp24.jpg

Any idea why this does not work?  I've tried many times with all the options
I can from the man page and nothing will work.
Using lynx this URL can be found and the image downloaded, but with wget
this is the output,

http://www.mcartledge.freeserve.co.uk/index/gp24.>
--19:25:09--  http://www.mcartledge.freeserve.co.uk:80/index/gp24.jpg
           => `gp24.jpg'
Connecting to www.mcartledge.freeserve.co.uk:80... connected!
19:25:10 ERROR 404: Not Found.

I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks.

Ian.

1. g++ doing strange things

Hey all,

I recently upgraded to kernel 2.0.20 from 1.2.13 (Caldera).  I did it by
the book, I think - new libs, many new packages to take advantage of
and/or not break under the new kernel.  Libc is 5.2.18, libg++ is
27.1.4.

Well, lo and behold, now when I compile this program that in g++ (gcc
2.7.2-2 rpm from redhat) I get strange output.  It's supposed to read an
int and two doubles, then compute the sum: here's what it gives me
instead.

-----
Please enter an int: 44
You entered the integer 44.  Thanks.
Please enter a double: 55.66
You entered the double 55.6600.  Thanks.
Please enter another double: -123.5
You entered a second double, -1.67067e-3523.  Thanks.

The sum of these three numbers is -1.87951e-3508.  Have a nice day.
-----

Judging from the gibberishiness of the last two numbers, I'd say
something isn't working right with a pointer, or something isn't getting
stored in the right place, or the linker is just plain screwed up.
Maybe some kind of data type error.  But I'm darned if I can figure out
what's causing this.

Oh, and it's not the code.  I've compiled the exact same program using
gcc 2.7.2.1 on an HP workstation and it gives the correct answer.  I
can't believe that such a simple program would break on essentially the
same compiler on a different platform.  If anybody has had this same
problem or recognizes what it is, I'd appreciate any help you might
offer.

-Tony

--
Anthony W Becker        CAS '98 Political Science
1707 Ridge Ave #204      Northwestern University

(847) 491-6079             Wearer of many hats.

2. Paralel zip

3. kppp doing strange things to resolv.conf

4. Logging in over Serial or Modem?

5. eql doing strange things..I think?

6. A basic DOSEMU question

7. wget: wget *keyword*.html?

8. switching between 640x480 1280x780 etc ...

9. wget: "no such file" --info for wget users!

10. wget: wget *keyword*.html?

11. Wget recursive is strange ?

12. Strange behavior from wget

13. Please help doing 'reget' with wget