Wanted: alpha assembly information

Wanted: alpha assembly information

Post by david_mo.. » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00



Hi all,
  I'm attempting to develop a new compiler for the alpha linux.  I have
little experience with assembly, one of the reasons I chose to target
alpha was the percieved simplicity of the architecture.

  I am having trouble locating what I'd call "good" information on alpha
linux assembly.  So far I've found:
  Digital's _Assembly Language Programmer's Guide_
  Digital's _Calling Standard for Alpha Systems_
  Evans & Eckhouse's _Alpha Risc Architecture_
None of these address the linux platform specifically, and I need a bit
of hand-holding.

  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Would any of you gurus be
willing to entertain a 1 to 1 email conversation?

Cheerio,
Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Wanted: alpha assembly information

Post by Dizz » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00


You might want to take a look at the following link. It might help to get
you started. I hope so.
http://www.partner.digital.com/www-swdev/pages/Home/TECH/documents/al...
kbook/cook.htm

Good luck, and may the Force be with you...

-Jon Disnard


Quote:> Hi all,
>   I'm attempting to develop a new compiler for the alpha linux.  I have
> little experience with assembly, one of the reasons I chose to target
> alpha was the percieved simplicity of the architecture.

>   I am having trouble locating what I'd call "good" information on alpha
> linux assembly.  So far I've found:
>   Digital's _Assembly Language Programmer's Guide_
>   Digital's _Calling Standard for Alpha Systems_
>   Evans & Eckhouse's _Alpha Risc Architecture_
> None of these address the linux platform specifically, and I need a bit
> of hand-holding.

>   Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Would any of you gurus be
> willing to entertain a 1 to 1 email conversation?

> Cheerio,
> Dave

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.


 
 
 

Wanted: alpha assembly information

Post by Reinhard Voc » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00


Quote:>>Welcome to COMPAQ. Your Page has not been found on this Server>>

Conclusio: never let anyone take over your company...

Does anyone here happen to have a detailed tech. Spec for the Digital
Alphastation 250 (4/266)? Could use one but Compaq is not willing to provide
such documents.

Thanks very much,

Reinhard


> You might want to take a look at the following link. It might help to get
> you started. I hope so.
> http://www.partner.digital.com/www-swdev/pages/Home/TECH/documents/al...
> kbook/cook.htm

> Good luck, and may the Force be with you...

> -Jon Disnard



> > Hi all,
> >   I'm attempting to develop a new compiler for the alpha linux.  I have
> > little experience with assembly, one of the reasons I chose to target
> > alpha was the percieved simplicity of the architecture.

> >   I am having trouble locating what I'd call "good" information on alpha
> > linux assembly.  So far I've found:
> >   Digital's _Assembly Language Programmer's Guide_
> >   Digital's _Calling Standard for Alpha Systems_
> >   Evans & Eckhouse's _Alpha Risc Architecture_
> > None of these address the linux platform specifically, and I need a bit
> > of hand-holding.

> >   Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Would any of you gurus be
> > willing to entertain a 1 to 1 email conversation?

> > Cheerio,
> > Dave

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

 
 
 

Wanted: alpha assembly information

Post by Mark Hesselin » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00


Quote:> >>Welcome to COMPAQ. Your Page has not been found on this Server>>

Before you make any conclusions about COMPAQ, take a look at the page below.

Mark

http://www.partner.digital.com/www-swdev/pages/Home/TECH/documents/al...

 
 
 

Wanted: alpha assembly information

Post by Peter Boyl » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00


Hi There,
Great source of info on:
http://ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/info/semiconductor/literature/dsc-...

It has up to date (21264) architecture reference manual as pdf,
pdf hardware reference guides for 21164,21264,21164PC etc.., and a
compiler writer's guide for the 21264.

Good luck,

Peter


> You might want to take a look at the following link. It might help to get
> you started. I hope so.
> http://www.partner.digital.com/www-swdev/pages/Home/TECH/documents/al...
> kbook/cook.htm

> Good luck, and may the Force be with you...

> -Jon Disnard



> > Hi all,
> >   I'm attempting to develop a new compiler for the alpha linux.  I have
> > little experience with assembly, one of the reasons I chose to target
> > alpha was the percieved simplicity of the architecture.

> >   I am having trouble locating what I'd call "good" information on alpha
> > linux assembly.  So far I've found:
> >   Digital's _Assembly Language Programmer's Guide_
> >   Digital's _Calling Standard for Alpha Systems_
> >   Evans & Eckhouse's _Alpha Risc Architecture_
> > None of these address the linux platform specifically, and I need a bit
> > of hand-holding.

> >   Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Would any of you gurus be
> > willing to entertain a 1 to 1 email conversation?

> > Cheerio,
> > Dave

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.