SSH for the Alpha

Post by Maxx Christopher Lob » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Guys---
Does anyone know where I can get (hopefully) RPM's for SSH-1.2.26? If
not, is there an alternative?
Thanx
---Maxx

SSH for the Alpha

Post by Peter Marda » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Guys---
>Does anyone know where I can get (hopefully) RPM's for SSH-1.2.26? If
>not, is there an alternative?

You can get the .tar.gz file and compile it and install it.
I don't recall compiling 1.2.26 being that difficult.

You can download it from here, for example:
ftp://ftp.rge.com/pub/security/ssh/

When you have the tar file,
run
tar zxf <tarfile>

It'll unpack into a directory, go into the dir, read the
README or INSTALL file, and follow the instructions.

It might be as simple as doing this, though:
configure
make
make install

where "make install" is run as root.

PeterM

SSH for the Alpha

Post by Mike Pars » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Guys---
>Does anyone know where I can get (hopefully) RPM's for SSH-1.2.26? If
>not, is there an alternative?
>Thanx

ftp.replay.com

They have lots of crypto software for lots of platforms.  I don't know
if they have Alpha binaries for ssh, but you can grab the .src.rpm and
rpm --rebuld it.

--
Michael Parson

SSH for the Alpha

Post by bverm.. » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:25:27 -0600,

Quote:>Does anyone know where I can get (hopefully) RPM's for SSH-1.2.26? If
>not, is there an alternative?

You can get ssh rpms from ftp.replay.com. I think in /pub/crypto/redhat
somewhere, you'll find them if you look around.

Hope this helps,

Bas Vermeulen

--
When I shop for hardware I always look for the "Designed for Windows 95" logo.
I really thank Microsoft(TM) for encouraging manufacturers to label their

I stick to quality software:

Linux 2.0.36                        | IBM OS/2 Warp (TM) v4.0

SSH for the Alpha

Post by <us.. » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> On Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:25:27 -0600,

>>Does anyone know where I can get (hopefully) RPM's for SSH-1.2.26? If
>>not, is there an alternative?
> You can get ssh rpms from ftp.replay.com. I think in /pub/crypto/redhat
> somewhere, you'll find them if you look around.

ftp.replay.com or ftp2.replay.com (which is an alpha :))

1. can ssh-agent work between ssh-2.3 and ssh-3.5

I have a Sun workstation copying files from a couple of Sun servers.
ssh-agent is used to avoid providing password when scp is done from crontab.
The ssh version on the workstation is 2.3. But I've just upgraded one server
to ssh-3.5, and seems ssh-agent is not working when trying to communicate
with this high version ssh machine.

Here's what I get:
warning: Authentication failed.
Disconnected; authentication cancelled by user (Authentication cancelled by
user.).
scp: warning: ssh2 client failed to authenticate. (or you have too old ssh2
installed, check with ssh2 -V)

Does any one know whether it's possible that ssh-agent running on ssh-2.3
can get authenticated on ssh-3.5? Do I need to upgrade the workstation as
well ( that will mean all other servers need to be upgraded as well, which
is not quite likely at this time ) If not, how can I set up the ssh-agent?

Thanks all

2. help with cron

3. SSH on Alpha Linux

4. line feed is missing if the text is truncated?

5. ssh for alpha

6. help with configuring XDM on redhat 7

7. ssh with alpha

8. Problems with include files and GCC

9. SSH for Alpha RH 6.2 ?

10. ssh to ssh