wanted Alpha

Post by Alex Chupahi » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

How do you do !
I'm a poor student, hungry to develop Linux Project for Alpha.
Does anybody can sell me used (but working) old Alpha hardware/computer
(like Multia) for little price to develop Linux projects?.
Please help me!

--
IC~XC  NI~KA
+------------------------+

Post by Paavo Hartikaine » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I'm a poor student, hungry to develop Linux Project for Alpha.  Does
> anybody can sell me used (but working) old Alpha hardware/computer
> (like Multia) for little price to develop Linux projects?.

Since you seem to be from .ru, maybe you should contact Damicon Kraa
in Helsinki, Finland. AXPpci 33 board with 21066 CPU and 32 MB RAM is
about 200 EUR. That is the least expensive option I have seen around
and fairly good to start with. They are not second hand boards.

http://www.damicon.fi/

At the moment I do not have any spare Alphas I could sell but how
about a SPARCstation IPC? Oh yes, it is not an Alpha... :)

--
 "pienena   /  Paavo "Rainbow Rat" Hartikainen

  tulee   /  URL: http://www.sci.fi/~pahartik/
  rotta" /  EFnet: pahartik at #Atari and #LionKing

1. Wanted: alpha assembly information

Hi all,
  I'm attempting to develop a new compiler for the alpha linux.  I have
little experience with assembly, one of the reasons I chose to target
alpha was the percieved simplicity of the architecture.

  I am having trouble locating what I'd call "good" information on alpha
linux assembly.  So far I've found:
  Digital's _Assembly Language Programmer's Guide_
  Digital's _Calling Standard for Alpha Systems_
  Evans & Eckhouse's _Alpha Risc Architecture_
None of these address the linux platform specifically, and I need a bit
of hand-holding.

  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Would any of you gurus be
willing to entertain a 1 to 1 email conversation?

Cheerio,
Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Kernel 1.3.47 - Doom audio broken

3. WANTED: Alpha 21064A-275

4. ANY ONE KNOW

5. Wanted: Alpha Noname Power Supply

6. mode "S"???

7. Wanted used Alpha workstation to run Tru64 OS

8. Help with floppy

9. Help wanted on DEC Alpha

10. Linux Phone: Alpha Testers Wanted!

11. Software recommendation wanted for Alpha XL 266

12. ALPHA TESTERS WANTED (8514 X server)

13. alpha info wanted