need PCMCIA help for a SANDISK

Post by Jean-Claude Magra » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

Greetings,

I am looking for the linux kernel config files or any other build advice
for configuring
a Redhat 6.2 kernel to support the PCMCIA slots on an alphastation
200/4/233..

My machine freezes when I do a 'insmod i82365.o' .
I have a sandisk (square thing) mounted in a PCMCIA bracket. I am told
that this
is ATA device and I have also heard that it should be referenced as a
FTL device.
Help in configuring the PCMCIA scripts would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

J.C. Magras

1. Sandisk SDDR31 USB Help needed

I want to access my compactflash memory card via the sandisk SDDR31
Reader (USB) to the linux system.
I'm using SuSE Distr.+ Kernel 2.2.16 and compiled the USB-modules
(Besemodule and the Mass Storage Module).
From the Internet I know that the SDDR31 is supported. I don't know if
it is running with the mass storage module that came with the
distribution.

Something is wrong. Basiscally the usb-port is recognized( see following
excerpt from /var/log/messages)

linux kernel: usb.c: USB new device connect, assigned device number 2
linux kernel: usb.c: This device is not recognized by any installed USB
driver.
linux kernel: hub.c: already running port 2 disabled by hub (EMI?),
re-enabling...
linux kernel: usb.c: USB disconnect on device 2
linux kernel: usb.c: USB new device connect, assigned device number 2
linux kernel: usb.c: This device is not recognized by any installed USB
driver.asfdasf

Is there a howto available that solves the problem or do you hve some
advice.

Thanks in advance

Christian

2. startx hangs Linux kernel 2.0.6 on RedHat 3.0.3 + RedHat updates

3. Sandisk PCMCIA cards

4. NT Advocacy Group Members Support Linux Too :)

5. PCMCIA Flash Card *need direction past PCMCIA howto*

6. Xlogout and xdm? problem compiling xlogout.

7. panasonic PCMCIA cdrom setup help needed.

8. Help!! Print manual to ps printer

9. Need help with PCMCIA support...

10. PCMCIA Cardmgr Boot Disk Help Needed

11. Need Help-- DataChute PCI PCMCIA adaptor and compact flash

12. Help needed with PCMCIA ethernet card

13. help needed to bring up a pcmcia modem.