Digital RoamAbout card support under Linux Alpha?

Digital RoamAbout card support under Linux Alpha?

Post by Richard Jord » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Is there any support for the Digital Roamabout (like Wavelan) PCMCIA cards
under Linux on Alpha?  Specifically trying to find out if I can use on in
a Multia (to set up a wireless in-home router where I cannot run a wire
cleanly); the other side will be an access point.  Appreciate any pointers
as they are not listed in the (admittedly not new) Linux docs or CDs that
I have available.

Rich Jordan

Digital RoamAbout card support under Linux Alpha?

Post by Rui-Tao Don » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

 richard> Is there any support for the Digital Roamabout (like
 richard> Wavelan) PCMCIA cards under Linux on Alpha?  Specifically
 richard> trying to find out if I can use on in a Multia (to set up a
 richard> wireless in-home router where I cannot run a wire cleanly);
 richard> the other side will be an access point.  Appreciate any
 richard> pointers as they are not listed in the (admittedly not new)
 richard> Linux docs or CDs that I have available.

I installed pcmcia-cs-3.1.12 on top of RedHat 6.1.  Lucent
Technologies's WaveLAN/IEEE silver card works just fine on my UDB
(talking to an i486 laptop with the same type of card.)

--

1. Digital RoamAbout- driver

Help !
I'm serchinig for a driver for my PCMCIA-card, called RoamAbout /FH (NOT
RoamAbout /DS) from Digital (card for wireless networking).
I want to run this on my TinkPad 760ED with the 2.0.0 Kernel

Does anybody know a way to make it work on this machine ?

thanks and greetings from berlin

Rolf Morich

2. Bootstrapping GCC on Solaris 10

3. RoamAbout FH Support for LINUX?

4. How to Generate a Sendmail.cf file using m4 (which src dirs to install)

5. Secure Digital Card Linux support

6. SAR question

7. FS: Digital Alpha 164LX Motherboard with 533 MHz 21164 Alpha CPU

8. Problems with changing resolution - Part 2

9. Redhat 7.2 Alpha on Digital Alpha Server 1000 4/233

10. FS: Digital Alpha 164LX Motherboard with 533 MHz 21164 Alpha CPU