audio mic device

Post by yhvhb.. » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

assalamu alaykum,

for some reason my openbsd system is not recognizing the mic data i have
going into my microphone jack on my sound blaster awe32 card. it works fine
in linux, but when i have tried in openbsd all that shows as coming from
/dev/audio is a stream of 'S's with an occasional ']' in there. this is when
i 'cat /dev/audio/ whereas in linux i get the actual audio data in au format
if anyone could help me with this i would appreciate it. please if you could
also email any replies. -- have you read your quran today? ( http://islam.org
)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Mic Dosen't work on Ensoniq Audio/PCI

 My Ensoniq Audio/PCI seems to work fine except that the Mic
input dosen't seem to work. Sndconfig runs fine on it as does
Real Audio,(With some work). But no Mic! If I hold my nose &
boot Windoze95 it works ok, In fact when I shut Windows down
& reboot int RH5.2 the Mic line dies as the Linux Driver kicks
in well into the boot process...

      Any Ideas??

             Bill Bannan

2. Stopping FTP packets from certain users ?

3. Real Audio 3.0/Solaris - "Can't open audio device"

4. Functionality of Scrollbars

5. Xlock--its a joke right? ;)

6. Missing /dev/audio // Has a SPARCstation 4 an audio device ?

7. nedit problem crashes ! help !

8. Audio mixer for /dev/audio or USB audio?

9. dtlogin changes the protection of /devices/audio....

10. audio device locked!

11. X-windows, audio device

12. "Cannot open the audio device" from RealPlayer under RedHat 8.0