secure ftp

Post by mips » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

When will openbsd have a secured ftp (i mean crypto) ?

mips

secure ftp

Post by Jack Barnet » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> When will openbsd have a secured ftp (i mean crypto) ?

> mips

scp?

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=scp&sektion=1

or

`man scp`

Hope that helps.

Jack

secure ftp

Post by Alex de Joo » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

:> When will openbsd have a secured ftp (i mean crypto) ?
:>
:> mips

: scp?

: http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=scp&sektion=1

: or

: `man scp`

scp is secure copy, not secure ftp (it's not 'interactive').

ssh2 has a program called sftp that does encrypted ftp,
check the openssh docs to see if ssh2 already is supported.

www.vandyke.com sell SecureFX a windows sftp client. (they are
the guys of the excelent SecureCRT ssh client).

--
Exit! Stage Left!

secure ftp

Post by Hugo Villeneuv » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I know this works on Linux:

http://www.xbill.org/sftp/

There's also a NetBSD port. You could try your luck on OpenBSD.

Hugo

> :> When will openbsd have a secured ftp (i mean crypto) ?
> :>
> :> mips

> : scp?

> : http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=scp&sektion=1

> : or

> : `man scp`

> scp is secure copy, not secure ftp (it's not 'interactive').

> ssh2 has a program called sftp that does encrypted ftp,
> check the openssh docs to see if ssh2 already is supported.

> www.vandyke.com sell SecureFX a windows sftp client. (they are
> the guys of the excelent SecureCRT ssh client).

> --
> Exit! Stage Left!

secure ftp

Post by mips » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> ssh2 has a program called sftp that does encrypted ftp,
> check the openssh docs to see if ssh2 already is supported.

thanx, i take a look ;)

mips

secure ftp

Post by Markus Frie » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> scp is secure copy, not secure ftp (it's not 'interactive').

try http://www.xbill.org/sftp/

secure ftp

Post by pe.. » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> :> When will openbsd have a secured ftp (i mean crypto) ?
> :>
> :> mips
> : scp?
> : http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=scp&sektion=1
> : or
> : `man scp`
> scp is secure copy, not secure ftp (it's not 'interactive').

I thought getting rid of FTP was A Good Thing :-)

Together with scp you can use 'ssh host ls' if you want to see
"what's there" before copying. What else do you need ?

An alternative is to start IPsec and use "plain old ftp" using
network layer encryption.

Peter h

Quote:> ssh2 has a program called sftp that does encrypted ftp,
> check the openssh docs to see if ssh2 already is supported.
> www.vandyke.com sell SecureFX a windows sftp client. (they are
> the guys of the excelent SecureCRT ssh client).
> --
> Exit! Stage Left!

Peter H?kanson
        Manet Networking      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)

secure ftp

Post by Xenophon Fenderson the Carbon(d)ate » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

says...

Quote:>An alternative is to start IPsec and use "plain old ftp" using
>network layer encryption.

What about using stunnel with ftpd?  I'm going to try to set something similar
up with the UW POP daemon.

secure ftp

Post by Dmitry Alyabye » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

On 12 Apr 2000 15:12:30 -0700, Xenophon Fenderson the Carbon(d)ated

>says...
>>An alternative is to start IPsec and use "plain old ftp" using
>>network layer encryption.

>What about using stunnel with ftpd?  I'm going to try to set something similar
>up with the UW POP daemon.

SSL + ftpd is good, but what about ftps-client ?

--

Best rgds,                      Dimitry

nic-hdl: DYA7-RIPE              http://www.al.org.ua

1. Secure ftp, ftp over stunnel og ftp-ssl.

Hi.

I'm looking for a secure way to offer ftp services to my users. Many users
have asked for the ftp-service, but since it will be the only uncryptated
service on my server i have refused to set it up.

Is there any way to use stunnel or any other app to cryptate the
control-connection of the ftp? cryptating data isn't the most important in
this scenario, but i need to make passwords and usernames unavailable in
regards of sniffing etc.

Can someone please help.
A few pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

2. SuSe 6.1 and x-server

3. use of secure and non secure FTP on the sme server

4. Large Interupt percentage ??

5. secure - non secure ftp on two NIC's

6. Video editing on Linux?

7. ftp or secure ftp ?