compile openBSD 3.0 kernel

Post by Sam Wu » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:44:38

Hi,

I don't know where to find docs for recompiling openbsd 3.0 kernel.
I have downloaded source tree and installed in the /usr/src directory.
But I don't have detailed instruction about how to recompile the kernel.

Can anyone please point me to the right direction for the docs?

Thanks
Sam

compile openBSD 3.0 kernel

Post by Nikolai Nespo » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 01:44:43

Quote:> Hi,

> I don't know where to find docs for recompiling openbsd 3.0 kernel.
> I have downloaded source tree and installed in the /usr/src directory.
> But I don't have detailed instruction about how to recompile the kernel.

> Can anyone please point me to the right direction for the docs?

> Thanks
> Sam

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html

HTH

nikolai

--
Zeit fuer einen Systemwechsel !?!
http://www.debian.org/

1. Problems compiling OpenSSH 3.0.2p1 on OpenBSD 3.0 i386

Hello.  I downloaded the source .tar.gz file for OpenSSH 3.0.2p1 off
ftp.openbsd.org.  I was able to uncompress and run ./configure just
fine.  Then when I ran make, it went through compiling many objects
but then halted on readpass.c with the following output:

readpass.c: In function `read_passphrase':
readpass.c:100: `RPP_ECHO_ON' undeclared (first use in this function)
readpass.c:100: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
readpass.c:100: for each function it appears in.)
readpass.c:100: `RPP_ECHO_OFF' undeclared (first use in this function)
readpass.c:105: `RPP_REQUIRE_TTY' undeclared (first use in this
function)
readpass.c:121: warning: implicit declaration of function
`readpassphrase'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/openssh-3.0.2p1.

I downloaded, uncompressed, ./configure(d), and ran make all under
root again and had the same problem.  I installed the comps package
during OpenBSD 3.0's install and have compiled things like Postfix and
updates to dhcpd from source.  I'm just having problems with compiling
OpenSSH.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Syed N. Ahmad
(Please don't email me, it's a dummy address)

2. a few questions please

3. OpenBSD 3.0 really much more better than 3.0 for me ?

4. Help: Problem with X (v3.3.2 and using X)

5. crash of OpenBSD-2.9 kernel with ALTQ 3.0

6. Dead portmapper

7. building openbsd 3.0 kernel

8. phonedialer windows network open lines legal phone dial modem port seek search windows95 windows98 crack break in

9. OpenBSD 3.0: Kernel on other partition/localtion than default hd0a:/bsd

10. Pb to compil kernel (openbsd 3.0 /i386)

11. perl won't compile on OpenBSD-2.9 and OpenBSD-2.9-stable.

12. Compiling OpenBSD kernel

13. OpenBSD 2.8 kernel compile problems