Ethereal and logs of pflog

Post by Syn » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 08:32:06

Hello,

I've tryed to open a pflog "tcpdump format" log file in Ethereal and
unfortunately it doesn't, it tells that the capture is from a network
protocol it doesn't know about. Is there maybe a patched version of
Ethereal which will read pflog captures ? Or any other graphical tool ?

Regards

Ethereal and logs of pflog

Post by +mr_scar » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:52:43

said the following:

Quote:>Hello,

>I've tryed to open a pflog "tcpdump format" log file in Ethereal and
>unfortunately it doesn't, it tells that the capture is from a network
>protocol it doesn't know about. Is there maybe a patched version of
>Ethereal which will read pflog captures ? Or any other graphical tool ?

It should work with no problems.  Are you sure your not trying to feed
it an ascii file?

Ethereal and logs of pflog

Post by Marc » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:29:04

> It should work with no problems.  Are you sure your not trying to feed
> it an ascii file?

No I am sure it's not ascii as a file pflog.0 says "data" I just took
the file from /var/log and decompressed it.

Maybe I need a more recent version of Ethereal ?

Regards

1. OBSD 3.2 pflog>pflog.txt not working

Hi all,

I have tried to set up pf logging as described in
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#PF
but can't get it to work properly.

The first script /etc/pflogrotate seems fine, but
the second one /home/pflogger/pfl2sysl does no more than
deleting the pflog5min* file.

Any suggestions welcome.

Per olof

2. ADSL Problems - Help!

3. Can't launch ethereal--- bash: ethereal: command not found

4. anti-spam address in Netscape

5. /var/log/pflog and tcpdump

6. 2.0.43 requires libdb-3.3 ???

7. logging pflog to a remote host.

8. util-linux 2.10d RPM available

9. /var/log/pflog file not in ascii mode.

10. Reading binary files from /var/log/pflog.*

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. Strange pflog behavior

13. pflog in OBSD 3.0