sio not found

Post by rober » Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:53:05

hi all,

i want to run my computer (running openbsd 2.8) as router.
it has to use the isdn modem which is on the serial port.
unfortunaly it isnt recognized by openbsd.
dmesg | grep sio doesnt echo anything.
pccom1 and pccom2 are known. are they my 2 serial ports?
im using an old 486 cyrix 40mhz with 16mb of ram (which i think is far more
than it needs for this router). the com (and hdd) port is on an isa card.

any suggestions?

--
thanx in advance
Robert Annessi

PGP Key: http://www.flash-design.at/pgp/

sio not found

Post by rober » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 16:38:52

i see the error in dmesg and when i try to connect with ppp:
tun0: not multicastcapable, IPv6 not enabled
(repeats 3 times)
tun1: not multicastcapable, IPv6 not enabled
(repeats 1 time)

btw there are no cua ports recognized, but 2 pccom ports
maybe these are the serial ports.. ?

hope someone can help me with this...

--
thanx in advance
Robert Annessi

ICQ: 45374758
Homepage: http://www.flash-design.at
PGP Key: http://www.flash-design.at/pgp/

sio not found

Post by anon » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 00:38:25

These are somewhat annoying messages since ppp is looking for things
that aren't there.
Like most of us, you probably have not enabled IP6, thus "IPv6" not
enabled. And tun0 is point to point, and thus "is not multicast
capable".  Oddly ppp0 is "multicast capable", but in my (perhaps
defective) understanding of the term, this is pointless in a point to
point connection. If someone has a better understanding of this, please
enlighten me.  In short they are annoying but ignorable messages.

Post by Pandir Harri » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:05:24

> These are somewhat annoying messages since ppp is looking for things
> that aren't there.
> Like most of us, you probably have not enabled IP6, thus "IPv6" not
> enabled.

Then, does anybody knows how to enabled IPv6, so that
the error message wouldn't appear ?

--
pandir...In theory, everything works.

sio not found

Post by azo » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 05:39:14

>> These are somewhat annoying messages since ppp is looking for things
>> that aren't there.
>> Like most of us, you probably have not enabled IP6, thus "IPv6" not
>> enabled.

>Then, does anybody knows how to enabled IPv6, so that
>the error message wouldn't appear ?

You don't need to enable IPv6, IMHO, you need to remove it! Compile a new
kernel with no IPv6, and the message will go away.

--
Billy D'Augustine
azog at azog dot org

Acts 2:40 - Be saved from this perverse generation.

1. SCSI NCR53c7 found/not found

I have an IDE drive and a SCSI drive - both are found by
the Transam SCSI boot/color root initialization disk. Setup
reads/write from the IDE and SCSI just fine. However when I
boot from the boot disk made during the setup process - no
SCSI is found. I tried recompiling the kernal, using SCSI
for the generic NCR53xx in make config, then created a
new boot with make zdisk. The new boot works, finds /dev/hdax
but... still reports 0 SCSIs, so there is no way to mount /dev/sdax.

Any help would be much appreciated! (I really like to use my
SCSI devices from Linux!)

Thanks in advance!
--Peter

2. gcc-2.8.1 Solaris 7 intel package

3. net-pf-4 etc not found now found

4. boot floppy for Solaris 7??

5. Using PS to find a process and then restarting if not found (HELP)

6. Linux server features - newbie question

7. iodbc.so not found while compiling iodbc-2.50.17, where to find iodbc.so

8. C2 auditing under SunOS 4.1.4

9. compiling tf..cc not found? (c1 found)

10. ?updatedb: @find@: command not found???

11. IDE/ATAPI CD found in 2.5, not found in 2.6

12. Newbie Q -- CD-ROM not found after installing new video card... it is found under windows.

13. Linux 2.4.x Kernel Bug - Problem NOT found, but found workaround