public_html and Apache

Post by Zane H. Heal » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Based on the error messages I'm getting when I try to configure Apache to
use the public_html directories it looks as if something it requires for
that was left out of the build of Apache.  Is this correct, am I missing
something obvious, or is there a good reason not to allow this from a
security standpoint?

                        Zane

public_html and Apache

Post by Theo de Raad » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Based on the error messages I'm getting when I try to configure Apache to
> use the public_html directories it looks as if something it requires for
> that was left out of the build of Apache.  Is this correct, am I missing
> something obvious, or is there a good reason not to allow this from a
> security standpoint?

A patch for this is at

        www.openbsd.org/errata.html#userdir

Whoops.

--

www.OpenBSD.org -- We're fixing security problems so you can sleep at night.
(If it wasn't so fascinating I might get some sleep myself...)

public_html and Apache

Post by Zane H. Heal » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> A patch for this is at
>    www.openbsd.org/errata.html#userdir
> Whoops.

Thanks!  Knowing is half the battle :^)

                Zane

1. PUBLIC_HTML with Redhat and Apache

I am trying to make users able to setup user web pages using apache.
The apache that is installed is the stock apache that comes with Red
Hat 6.0. The web server works fine directly to the IP, but when I try
to view a users page it does not work.

http://IPADDRESS.COM/~username

that is what I want to be able to do.....so all my users (just my
family) can have their own simple web site up.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. WIFI and Solaris (sparc or X86)

3. apache access to public_html directory of user with umlaut in his name

4. 'Ramdisk' under Linux

5. Apache problem with Per-user Web Directories (public_html)

6. Windows gateway to the net?

7. How do I tell apache to grant access to public_html?

8. PROMISE Fastrack 100

9. Apache server public_html access

10. Apache 1.3.0 and public_html

11. Apache not authorized to read public_html dir

12. Apache - accessing user (public_html) dir.

13. Apache and public_html