blah sent up an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast.

blah sent up an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast.

Post by Benjamin MA Robso » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:18:21

I have an OpenBSD firewall appliance that is reporting to its console:

AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD sent up an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast.

The other interesting thing about this is that the address
AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD is an internal interface on the OpenBSD firewall
appliance, the same device that is reporting it.

Does anyone have any clues as to what is going on here?

Thanks
Ben

1. gateway sends an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast(?!)

Hi Folks,

I have the same problem. I also need help to solve the problem,
because my ISDN system dials automatically when the error occurs (a
kind of expensive...).

When scanning the device IPPP0 with tcpdump, the error doesn't occur,
but this also is no proper solution.

Does anybody have a solution?

Thx.

Timo

2. setting up email with virtual hosts

3. <gatewayIP> sent an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast

4. SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument [SOLVED (I think)]

5. gateway sends an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast(?!)

6. No route to host !

7. 191.1.1.5 sent an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast

8. NTP - please help

9. make icmp.c be more verbose on broadcast icmp errors

10. 2.5.70 invalid icmp broadcast.

11. Boot hangs at CSLIP: blah blah blah

12. how do I shut up "le0: No carrier - blah blah blah"

13. nfs: task can't get a request, blah blah blah