any experience with OpenVPN product?

Post by +mr_scar » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 02:53:39

I figured I'd ask this question here as I never succeeded in
implementing a VPN solution with obsd.  Maybe a comparison of the two?

any experience with OpenVPN product?

Post by Sator » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:00:24

Quote:> I figured I'd ask this question here as I never succeeded in
> implementing a VPN solution with obsd.  Maybe a comparison of the two?

Yes, some time ago I have asked about setting up OpenBSD server as a VPN
server to dial-up machines over the Internet, people give me some links
which helps a bit but do not solve my problem, I still have problems with
exchanging keys. If some one have any experience with connecting dial-up
computer to OpenBSD box I would appreciate any help.
All examples which I found on Internet are related how to set up box between
two OpenBSD boxes or OpenBSD to CiscoPIX
I use SoftRemote VPN client software.

regards,
Tomek

Post by ? » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:51:04

Quote:> I figured I'd ask this question here as I never succeeded in
> implementing a VPN solution with obsd.  Maybe a comparison of the two?

You might want to specify a little more.  I'm currently running openvpn
to connect a couple sites together, but would like to see something
appropriate to setup for lots of folks wandering around with laptops.

--
Chris Dukes
"earthly insanity/brings us conformity

Post by Peter Booste » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 22:45:44

Quote:> I figured I'd ask this question here as I never succeeded in
> implementing a VPN solution with obsd.  Maybe a comparison of the two?

Which two?

I've build a VPN between two offices, based on OpenBSD (isakmp). Mobile
clients can connect to one office, using their Windows and PGPNet.

No problem whatsoever.

Peter

--
It never hurts to help - Eek! the Cat.

1. Executive Computing Products - experiences?

Executive Computing sell a range of MVS performance tools ported to the Unix
environment, or so I'm told, anyone know more about this company, it's
products and more importantly - how good they are?

--
Mathew Lim                              |
System Support Team Leader,             | Telephone : +65 772 1757

2. Me pueden recomendar algún libro de álgebra?

3. Any experience with Net Express products?

4. Getting better than 320x200?

5. new raidzone product experience?

6. Clearing the memory cache on a Solaris machine

7. Anybody have experience with Acer products

8. Upgrading to XFree86 4.0. My mouse is dead!!!!

9. sed 's:/product/815/:/product/816/:g' crontab.bak

10. openvpn - problemy z polaczeniem

11. IPCOP OPENVPN side by side with router VPN

12. openvpn problem

13. OpenVpn multi-server