Stupid question on mount

Post by Victo » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

How do you mount a cdrom drive ?
I did mount -t iso9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt
and got
mount: exec /usr/sbin/mount_iso9660 for /mnt: No such file or directory

/usr/sbin/mount_iso9660 in fact does not exist.

I tried mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt

I also tried cd0 mcd0

Can someone just post their cd mount command for an atapi cdrom ?

Thanks

Stupid question on mount

Post by John R. Shann » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

1. Type 'dmesg | more' and look for your CDROM. Let's say it's Cd0.
2. Make sure that /mnt/cdrom is defined. If not, type
    mkdir -p /mnt/cdrom
3. Finally, type
    mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt/cdrom

Note the 'a' appended to the device found in dmesg

>How do you mount a cdrom drive ?
>I did mount -t iso9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt
>and got
>mount: exec /usr/sbin/mount_iso9660 for /mnt: No such file or directory

>/usr/sbin/mount_iso9660 in fact does not exist.

>I tried mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt

>I also tried cd0 mcd0

>Can someone just post their cd mount command for an atapi cdrom ?

>Thanks

Stupid question on mount

Post by Adam C. Emerso » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> How do you mount a cdrom drive ?
> I did mount -t iso9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt
> and got
> mount: exec /usr/sbin/mount_iso9660 for /mnt: No such file or directory
> /usr/sbin/mount_iso9660 in fact does not exist.
> I tried mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt
> I also tried cd0 mcd0
> Can someone just post their cd mount command for an atapi cdrom ?

You can do (assuming it's your first CD-ROM drive)
mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0c /mnt

Or, you might like to put a line like
/dev/cd0c /cdrom cd9660 rdonly,noauto 0 0

Which (assuming you have a directory called /cdrom) will let you
type just mount /cdrom

--

"I think it's just horrible that the only people who can control the
Internet are people who understand it."

Stupid question on mount

Post by db » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>How do you mount a cdrom drive ?
>I did mount -t iso9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt
>and got
>mount: exec /usr/sbin/mount_iso9660 for /mnt: No such file or directory

>/usr/sbin/mount_iso9660 in fact does not exist.

it's in /sbin.  Weird.

Quote:>I tried mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt

>I also tried cd0 mcd0

What errors did these commands return?

Quote:>Can someone just post their cd mount command for an atapi cdrom ?

--
David Terrell            | "Instead of plodding through the equivalent of
Prime Minister, NebCorp  | literary Xanax, the pregeeks go for sci-fi and

http://wwn.nebcorp.com   | http://www.monkeybagel.com/ "Origins of Sysadmins"

1. --stupid question but then there are no stupid questions--

        I'm a beginner here so, so far everything i read has gone
    way over my head. My problem is I got a script sent to me
    decoded or something like that. You are supposed to enter the
    data into a uudecode or something but I'm not sure how that's
    done. There's a program on the university's main menu that
    called UUDECODE but everytime I run it through it, it says it
    can't open the file. Comments ??????? Help ?

        eric

2. Richard Hamilton 80

3. Stupid or not so stupid questions

4. Xbench results for DEC3100,IBM RS/6000 & SUN SPARCs

5. Stupid, stupid question

6. Linux as NIS Master?

7. One stupid question and one not so stupid

8. Run script when email arrives

9. REALLY STUPID QUESTIONS (not so stupid)

10. A stupid question? (about mounting CDROM drives)

11. stupid choice = another stupid newbie question

12. stupid newbie question about mount

13. Stupid Newbie Question - using mount