USB mass storage problem

Post by m » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:54:04

hello,
i was trying to mount Sony DSC-F707 as USB disk according to info given
here for another camera:
http://www.randomness.org.uk/blog/archive/000076.php
i didn't get the first problem so i didn't do that step, but i do get
the scsi error, although a bit different:

umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Sony DSC Sony, rev 1.00/4.01, addr 2
umass0: using RBC over CBI
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets
sd0 at scsibus0 targ 1 lun 0: <Sony, Sony DSC, 4.01> SCSI0 0/direct
removable
sd0(umass0:1:0): Check Condition on opcode 0x23
     SENSE KEY: Illegal Request
      ASC/ASCQ: Invalid Command Operation Code
sd0: drive offline

there is also a mail at http://dbforums.com/t565062.html, that presents
the same problem but no solution.

as far as i understand it might try to do a "target sense" operation?
i copied the 'line 505' mentioned on the web page and tried with
replacing OLYMPUS with 'SONY' and 'Sony' and 'Sony
DSC Sony' with no luck.
also in my case message says "RBC over CBI". how can/should i change it
to "SCSI over BBB-P"? what do these mean?

any ideas?

thanks,
mika

USB mass storage problem

Post by m » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:06:47

btw. i have also tried PTP mode, but the gphoto included in 3.3 is old,
and current package didn't install; also the developers mentioned that
the stable package in current does not handle PTP correctly and so even
the new package would not work. i haven't had time to try to compile
their snapshot version yet but i was trying to compile the stable
version and it did not work out of the box. i got it compiled anyway but
as said it didn't work either. that's why the umass driver attempt. it
would be more convenient anyway to use umass.
thanks.

1. usb mass storage on a non-usb sparc system?

Hi, all

I've just installed a addonics pci usb2 host controller on my ultra60. And
it seem to work properly. After I insert a western digital 250GB external
hd to one port. It recognized as usb mass storage. But I can't see
anything when using volcheck -v. What should I do in order to use
removable media manager? Is it possible to mount it as pcfs? How?

The other question might be silly. Is there a driver supporting usb2?
Addonics's web site suggests installing a solaris8 patch. But I'm using
solaris9. Anybody here has any comments on my dreaming of having usb2 mass
storage on an old non-usb sparc system? Maybe I am mad, but it is even
crazy to sit there wating for >7000minutes to format my 250GB hard drive.

Thanks for your time! Appreciate your help!

2. Crontab/Shell Help Required

3. [drizzt.dourden@iname.com: USB mass storage and USB message]

4. DOSemu colors?

5. problem with USB mass storage device (?)

6. NetBSD-1.1 Memory File System

7. USB problem - Mass storage device

8. Gimp Problem

9. Greg KH: "Re: Problems accessing USB Mass Storage"

10. USB mass storage device problems

11. Problems accessing USB Mass Storage

12. USB mass storage digital camera

13. FinePix A101 + USB Mass storage driver