pppoe w/ OpenBSD 2.9??

Post by Steve Benne » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:37:08

I currently have my OpenBSD firewall configured for Cable, but now want to
switch over to ADSL and have the service to my box.  I am new to pppoe and
am not sure how to get it working correctly.

All I have done is create the following /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file and updated
the nameservers in the resolv.conf file, but I get flooded with errors.
What else am I missing in addition to creating a ppp.conf file?

I have been trying to connect manually w/ 'ppp -ddial (or dedicated) pppoe'.
as after reading the ppp & pppd man pages, I am still unsure how to
automatically dial the connection on bootup (once it is working).

default:

 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command

 set redial 15 0

 set reconnect 15 10000

pppoe:

 set device "!/usr/sbin/pppoe -i xl0"

 disable acfcomp protocomp

 deny acfcomp

 set mtu 1492

 set speed sync

 enable lqr

 set lqrperiod 5

 set cd 5

 set dial

 set login

 set timeout 0

 set authkey zzzz

 add default HISADDR

 enable dns

 nat enable yes

 enable mssfixup

Any help is appreciated,
Steve.

pppoe w/ OpenBSD 2.9??

Post by BetaDeca » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:05:31

I used this link, it pretty much walks you through it all. Excellent howto,
especially if you are using Sympatico in Canada.

http://www.realo.ca/BSDinstall.html

Quote:> I currently have my OpenBSD firewall configured for Cable, but now want to
> switch over to ADSL and have the service to my box.  I am new to pppoe and
> am not sure how to get it working correctly.

1. OpenBSD 2.9 - PPPoE DFE530TX vr0:watchog timeout

Hi

I am currently attempting to setup a connection through my ADSL modem
and my ISP uses PPPoE.   I setup bsd2.9 without much problems, and it
picked up my network card (DFE-530TX - vr0).  Since PPPoE comes with
2.9, I went ahead and configured it, and then attempted to bring vr0
up.  After that I recievd a message with blue background (from the
kernel):  "vr0 : watchdog timeout".  At first I thought it was the PPPoE
setup, so I tried about 4 differenet setups of the ppp.conf file.  In
fact, that didn't help, the minute I try to connect, I get 4-8 of the
watchdog errors.

As well, I used "show physical" in ppp prompt and noticed I always get
disconnected after 10 seconds.

I have a Duron 650 on an A7V motherboard.  Is this a hardware issue, an
OpenBSD one, or PPPoE?  I am really stumped on this one.  Can someone
help?

thanks....

roy

2. kbhit ( ) function in g++?

3. GNU Assembler (v2.6.2.5?)

4. PPPoE under OpenBSD 2.9

5. some X problems

6. OpenBSD 2.9 - PPPoE/DFE530TX/vr0:watchog timeout

7. DROP

8. OpenBSD 2.9 pppoe problem

9. PPPoE Bridge in OpenBSD 2.9

10. openbsd 2.9 install on laptop

11. OpenBSD 2.9 sendmail and TLS support

12. bimap in ipnat on OpenBSD 2.9