Which KDE package to add in OpenBSD 3.3 ?

Which KDE package to add in OpenBSD 3.3 ?

Post by Arctic Wol » Mon, 05 May 2003 23:28:40

I recently installed OpenBSD 3.3, and now I want to add the KDE package.
There seems to be two base packages for KDE.
kdebase-3.1.tgz
kdebase-3.1p0.tgz
Which one should I add?
By the way, am I doing this correctly by adding the base package?  Will
all the other KDE stuff add automatically?

Which KDE package to add in OpenBSD 3.3 ?

Post by Peter Str?mber » Tue, 06 May 2003 02:55:17

Quote:> I recently installed OpenBSD 3.3, and now I want to add the KDE
> package.
> There seems to be two base packages for KDE.
> kdebase-3.1.tgz

3.3-release (as on CD)

Quote:> kdebase-3.1p0.tgz

3.3-stable

Quote:> Which one should I add?

p0

Quote:> By the way, am I doing this correctly by adding the base package?

Yes

Quote:> Will all the other KDE stuff add automatically?

No

--
Peter Str?mberg
ISCCIV02  <http://www.iscc.nu/>

Post by Arctic Wol » Tue, 06 May 2003 07:59:36

Quote:>>I recently installed OpenBSD 3.3, and now I want to add the KDE
>>package.
>>There seems to be two base packages for KDE.
>>kdebase-3.1.tgz

> 3.3-release (as on CD)

>>kdebase-3.1p0.tgz

> 3.3-stable

>>Which one should I add?

> p0

>>By the way, am I doing this correctly by adding the base package?

> Yes

>>Will all the other KDE stuff add automatically?

> No

You're right.  I had to add koffice separately.

1. OpenBSD 3.3 w/ KDE 3.1 sweet as honey.

I just installed OpenBSD 3.3 and KDE 3.1, and it has far exceeded all my
expectations.  I normally use OpenBSD as the gateway for other computers
on the network, but I'm almost tempted to use it as my primary desktop
platform.
Great work!

2. Why can't I talk to localhost?

3. XFree 3.3 on OpenBSD 3.0

4. Lilo & 2 SCSI Drives - Won't boot from 2nd drive

5. upgrading openbsd 3.3

6. identd info

7. Problems with ftp-proxy, nat and OpenBSD 3.2/3.3

8. help with mounting devices

9. OpenBSD 3.3 - wrong PPPoE user/pass

10. mail portal openbsd 3.3

11. How to start php4 installed by ports in OpenBSD 3.3?

12. OpenBSD 3.3 sendmail mailertable problem

13. ext3fs over OpenBSD 3.3