Memory Stick (USB Mass Storage)

Post by mt__ » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:45:51

i got dsc-f707 working with openbsd-current (as of July 7th 2003). it
gives some error messages but mounts with "mount /dev/sd0i /mnt" or add
the following to /etc/fstab:
/dev/sd0i /mnt msdos rw,noauto,noatime,noexec,nodev,nosuid 0 0
seems to be read only.

ptp mode with gphoto-2.1.1 package still does not work.

1. Memory Stick (USB Mass Storage)

Anyone have any idea how to mount a Memory Stick (USB Mass Storage)
device on OpenBSD?  I have a Sony DSC F707 digital camera that has uses
Memory Sticks and a USB connection.  I got OpenBSD to recognize the
camera by switching from USB to PTP mode.  I'm not sure where to go from
here, though.  The dmesg and usbdevs looks like this:

# dmesg
ugen0 at uhub0 port 2
ugen0: Sony PTP Sony, rev 1.00/1.10, addr 2

# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), vendor
0x0000(0x0000), rev 1.00
  port 1 powered
  port 2 powered

That doesn't tell me much about where it is actually attached to, unless
I'm missing something.  I've tried:

# mount -t msdos /dev/sd0a /mnt/camera
mount_msdos: /dev/sd0a on /mnt/camera: Device not configured

I get the same message for every /dev/sd device from /dev/sd0a to
/dev/sd4p.  Anyone have idea how to get this thing mounted?

I'm this [ ] close to being free from Windows...

Thanks.

2. Considering Using CA-Unicenter

3. USB Mass Storage -> Asus Stick

4. P5MMA98 - Compatibilty Problems...

5. How to automatically mount memory sticks (and other usb-storage stuff)?

6. MicroShit - ANOTHER BAD NEWS!!!

7. usb mass storage on a non-usb sparc system?

8. kvirc - installing

9. [drizzt.dourden@iname.com: USB mass storage and USB message]

10. ??Question about sparc solaris commands to mount, read/write to usb memory jumpdrives/ USB memory stick

11. USB mass storage digital camera

12. FinePix A101 + USB Mass storage driver

13. problem with USB mass storage device (?)