ipf

Post by easyto.. » Tue, 26 Dec 2000 09:20:00

What ip-filter version does openbsd 2.8 ship with? I see that 3.4.15 is
out and i need some of the added support it has. If the version that
2.8 ships with is not the latest 3.4.15 can i uninstall the old version
and add the newest, and if yes how do i accomplish this. If the latter
can be done i will be needing a package format of ipf 3.4.15 as this is
the only way i know (yet) to add applications, so if anybody has it
already compiled in that format please email it to me or give me the
url.

 thanks.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

ipf

Post by Rob MacGrego » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 22:27:17

> What ip-filter version does openbsd 2.8 ship with? I see that 3.4.15 is
> out and i need some of the added support it has. If the version that
> 2.8 ships with is not the latest 3.4.15 can i uninstall the old version
> and add the newest, and if yes how do i accomplish this. If the latter
> can be done i will be needing a package format of ipf 3.4.15 as this is
> the only way i know (yet) to add applications, so if anybody has it
> already compiled in that format please email it to me or give me the
> url.

Wander over to the IP Filter home page and follow the links to the mailing
list.  It's been talked about a fair bit recently.

Short answer is: Just follow the instructions with IP Filter.  When it
breaks, the trawling through the mailing list will have provided you with
the answer so you can fix it.

--
  Rob MacGregor (MCSE) [PGP key ID 0x1F5239DD]
      The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming dragon.

1. ipf errors reading ipf.rules

i compiled ipf 3.4.28 on my openbsd 3.0 ultra-sparc5 box even with kernel
support and restarted the box.

i created an /etc/ipf.rules file and tried to load my rules.

but i got a lot of errors.

open device: No such file or directory
ioctl(SIOCIPFFL): Bad file descriptor
open device: No such file or directory
ioctl(SIOCIPFFL): Bad file descriptor
open device: No such file or directory
[pass in quick on lo0 all]
pass in quick on lo0(!) from any to any
9:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
[block  in quick all with ipopts]
block in quick from any to any with ipopt
17:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
[block  in quick all with short]
block in quick from any to any with short
25:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
[block in quick all with frag]
block in quick from any to any with frag
33:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
[block  in quick proto tcp all flags FUP]
block in quick proto tcp from any to any flags FPU/FSRPAUC
40:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
[block in quick on ep0 from 192.168.0.0/16 to any]
block in quick on ep0(!) from 192.168.0.0/16 to any
47:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
[block in quick on ep0 from 172.16.0.0/12 to any]
block in quick on ep0(!) from 172.16.0.0/12 to any
48:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
[block in quick on ep0 from 127.0.0.0/8 to any]
block in quick on ep0(!) from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
49:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
[block in quick on ep0 from 10.0.0.0/8 to any]
block in quick on ep0(!) from 10.0.0.0/8 to any
50:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
[pass in quick on ep0 proto tcp/udp from any port = 22 to any port = 22 keep state ]
pass in quick on ep0(!) proto tcp/udp from any port = ssh to any port = ssh keep state
56:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
[block in quick all]
block in quick from any to any
67:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
open device: No such file or directory
SIOCFRENB: Bad file descriptor

i think my /etc/ipf.rules file is correct, because the same ipf rule file
runs on a freebsd box. i just adjusted the device names and ip's

do you have an idea what could be wrong here?

thanks in advance

pat

2. algorithms -cthulu C++ code

3. ipf.conf /ipf.rules/ ipnat.rules or conf

4. Help me find out what happened...

5. ipfilter WARNING: ddi_installdrv: no major number for ipf WARNING: mod_installdrv: Cannot install ipf

6. Help using Linux behind a Proxy Firewall

7. PF vs IPF keep state rules (was 'ipf to pf rules conversion problems')

8. Possible? - bt singleuser fm fpy

9. Basic compilation for ipf and ipnat

10. ipnat and ipf question

11. Using ipfw alongside ipf