migrating to OpenBSD 3.1-STABLE

Post by stev » Sat, 18 May 2002 21:13:18

hi all,

we will be migrating the server from slackware to OpenBSD soon and we'll be
tracking STABLE on that.

now my question is i'll only be installing a base system, without games and
X disksets.

how do i preform a make build without making and building the games and X
disksets.

TIA

migrating to OpenBSD 3.1-STABLE

Post by Ted » Sat, 18 May 2002 23:46:48

On Fri, 17 May 2002, it was written:

Quote:> how do i preform a make build without making and building the games and X
> disksets.

add SKIPDIR+=games to /etc/mk.conf.  X doesn't get built automatically.

--
If you ever would give them a helping hand,
You can be sure they'll chop off the arm.

1. Cant find errno.h while upgrading 3.1-stable (to 3.1-stable)

I cvs'ed a new stable source tree. I made a new kernel.

While making the new binutils I get an error. The upgrade minifaq
says:
-----------------
 # cd /usr/src/gnu/egcs/libiberty
  # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper cleandir
  # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper obj
  # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper depend
  # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper
  # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper install
-----------------

But it quits during "make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper depend"
It quits with this error:
/usr/src/gnu/egcs/libiberty/rename.c:6: errno.h: No such file or
directory
*** Error code 1

I checked for this file:
myhostname# ls -l /usr/include/errno.h
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  bin  11 Jun 28 09:27 /usr/include/errno.h -> sys/errno.h
myhostname# ls -l /usr/include/sys
myhostname#

The /usr/include/sys directory is empty.

What should be in this directory, and how do I get it there? Or
am I doing something else wrong?

Bert

2. NTP Configuration

3. Old OpenBSD version update (2.8 to 3.1 stable)

4. test

5. FreeBSD 3.1 RELEASE to snapshot 3.1 STABLE question

6. SPDIF Soundcards

7. 3.1 stable / 3.1 release

8. Apache Log files - rotate and delete???

9. perl won't compile on OpenBSD-2.9 and OpenBSD-2.9-stable.

10. 3.1-STABLE make buildworld fails durring gnu/usr.bin/bc

11. can't compile current 3.1-stable

12. FBSD 3.1 Stable and Netscape Comm 4.5 Problem

13. 3.1-STABLE -- Reliable SCSI HA?