terminal problems

Post by Han » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:43:33

I have installed OpenBSD and I think I am going to love it. Primary not
as my destop OS but as the OS to build servers with.

Ports is a beautiful thing. I think I can configure my servers just as
well as under linux though I need to study in the tcp/ip implementation.

But there is on thing that gives me headaches and that is the terminal
settings.

My friend has a FreeBSD machine and when I log in whith ssh I get this:

linux

And everything works like it should. How do I get it under OpenBSD ?

Yes I know, I am lame ;)

Groetjes, Han.
--
Linux, the choice     .~.    He who is known as an early riser need not
of a GNU generation  / V \   get up until noon.

terminal problems

Post by <h.. » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:00:23

> My friend has a FreeBSD machine and when I log in whith ssh I get this:

> linux
> and everything works like it should. How do I get it under OpenBSD ?

I am lame... It does work :)

1. Serial terminal problem!

I am connecting a null modem cable between my COM1 port of my W95
computer and COM2 of my FreeBSD 3.1 box.

Following the instructions listed in the Handbook, I can't get a login:
prompt.  The FBSD box is an older machine with 8250 UART chip set.  The
terminal program (Netterm) is able to attach to COM1 without error.  If
I disconnect the serial cable while Netterm is actively connected to
COM1, I get a "Terminal disconnected" error.

Here is my entry in /etc/ttys:

ttyd1   "/usr/libexec/getty std.19200"  vt100   on  insecure

Here is my ps -axww|grep getty:

 1227  ??  I      0:00.05 /usr/libexec/getty std.19200 ttyd1
  283  v0  Is+    0:00.07 /usr/libexec/getty Pc ttyv0
  284  v1  Is+    0:00.06 /usr/libexec/getty Pc ttyv1
  285  v2  Is+    0:00.07 /usr/libexec/getty Pc ttyv2

My concern is the ?? for the ttyd1.  I'm not sure what that is telling
me, but I think it is a key to the problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

2. How do you link Netscape or Mosaic to a PPP session?

3. terminal problems

4. QUAKE2: error can't find pics/colormap.pcx

5. Terminal Problems

6. OpenSSH 2.1.x fails to compile under OpenBSD 2.6

7. terminal problems

8. Need HELP again ! error ld.so Failed Can't find shared library "lib.so.3.0"

9. dumb terminal problem

10. 3 wire serial terminal problems

11. help: LILO boot over Serial Terminal problems

12. Newbie admin - simple terminal problem (i hope)

13. terminal problems