Mozilla 1.0 platform?

Post by J.O. Ah » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 04:43:11

> Hello,
> is Mozilla 1.0 intended to run on OpenBSD,
> either via the FreeBSD or GNU/Linux binaries
> or natively?

Seems to be a BSD based Mozilla for x86, so I would say that it runs nativly
on OpenBSD, regadles CPU (of course you have to compile it if you have another
  setup than a x86).

But if you want, you can always use the Linux or FreeBSD versions too.

  //Aho

Mozilla 1.0 platform?

Post by Marc Esp » Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:30:35

>> Hello,
>> is Mozilla 1.0 intended to run on OpenBSD,
>> either via the FreeBSD or GNU/Linux binaries
>> or natively?

>Seems to be a BSD based Mozilla for x86, so I would say that it runs nativly
>on OpenBSD, regadles CPU (of course you have to compile it if you have another
>  setup than a x86).

Maybe you should try it instead of guessing ?

Mozilla hasn't built correctly on OpenBSD for a long time...

1. Printing Tiff Faxes attached to e-mail using Mozilla 1.0

Hi,

I'm using RH 7.1 on an Intel PC. I'm using Mozilla 1.0 I get faxes in
e-mails as tiff files. Saving them and then:

 > fax2ps fax.name.tif | lpr

prints them out nicely, or if I just want to view the Postscript:

 > fax2ps fax.name.tif | gv -

I would like to use the "open" attachment feature to do this
automatically. I'm familiar with opening various types of files using
particular programs. For example, if you have a Postscript attachment,
you can use gv to automatically view it. The problem is, in order to
convert from tiff to ps and then print, I need the file name. I've tried
various ways but can't seem to get hold of the filename. In Netscape,
you used to be able to specify %s for the filename (in fact you had to).
I've also tried setting up a bash script file:

fax2ps $1 | lpr

This works as a script, yet it does not work in Mozilla. (I don't get
error messages - just no output.) Yet if I use display from ImageMagick:

/usr/X11R6/bin/display

this works (it displays the fax - but printing from display is not that
good - each page has to be printed separately). Why does display work
but not my script?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick B.

2. PROGRAMMERS NEEDED!!

3. Mozilla 1.0 under solaris 2.7

4. Linux vs Microsoft

5. Compiling mozilla 1.0 ?

6. ssa_healthcheck

7. Mozilla 1.0 has been released

8. IP masq & mtu

9. sound in mozilla 1.0, 1.0.1 and netscape 7.0

10. Upgrading to Mozilla 1.0 on Mandrake 8.2; dependency fears.

11. java_vm memory leak with Mozilla RC 1.0

12. Mozilla 1.0 build for Mandrake?

13. mozilla 1.0 rc 1 crash bug