cdrecord 1.9 ?? isn't cdrecord 1.12 out?

cdrecord 1.9 ?? isn't cdrecord 1.12 out?

Post by Harmonic » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:29:21

Hmm, is the cdrecord port a bit behind? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

I've noticed those linux guys are using 1.12 now, I have to admit I'm having a case of the "keeping up with the Jones's"

-H

Post by Ted » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:48:41

> Hmm, is the cdrecord port a bit behind? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

> I've noticed those linux guys are using 1.12 now, I have to admit I'm having a case of the "keeping up with the Jones's"

The only real question is, does 1.9 still work?

If you download the 1.12 distfile, rename it to 1.9, and turn off checksum
checking, you can fool ports into building the new version.  Have fun!

--
If you ever would give them a helping hand,
You can be sure they'll chop off the arm.

cdrecord 1.9 ?? isn't cdrecord 1.12 out?

Post by Harmonic » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:31:00

Hmm, if it's that easy, it begs to question... why not just update the port?

-H

Quote:> The only real question is, does 1.9 still work?

> If you download the 1.12 distfile, rename it to 1.9, and turn off checksum
> checking, you can fool ports into building the new version.  Have fun!

> --
> If you ever would give them a helping hand,
> You can be sure they'll chop off the arm.
> Never, ever, never trust a Klingon; you will always regret it.

cdrecord 1.9 ?? isn't cdrecord 1.12 out?

Post by mips » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:35:08

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:31:00 GMT

> Hmm, if it's that easy, it begs to question... why not just update
> the port?

Have you tested it ? Does it works fine ?

If YES then do the update of the port and send the diff to the
maintainer.

mips

Post by Ted » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 04:21:53

> Hmm, if it's that easy, it begs to question... why not just update the port?

They're busy people.  And before they updated the port they'd want to test
that it still works, maybe update the patches, some other stuff.  But it
is pretty easy.  They might like it if you sent in a patch.

Like I said, if 1.9 works, use it.  The port maintainers are not trying to
one-up their linux neighbors in general.  Nothing wrong with that of
course. :)

--

Post by harmonic.. » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 07:01:00

> one-up their linux neighbors in general.  Nothing wrong with that of
> course. :)

I thought one uping the linux crowd is a duty for OpenBSD users? Seriously 1.9 doesn't have support for making odd sized boot image CDs. I was burning a slackware..er...netbsd CD...

1. cdrecord 1.10 doesn't find drives (1.9 did)

Hi,

When i've installed Solaris 8, Intel Ed., i've also installed the
cdrecord package from the companion CD. When i did "cdrecord
-scanbus", my CD-R and my CD-RW was both recognized (they are ATAPI
devices).

In order to use the xcdroast frontend, i've installed the last version
of cdrecord (xcdroast asks for 1.10 and the package version is 1.9)
from the distro cdrtools sources. Now, when i do "cdrecord -scanbus",
the drives are no more found and something like :

Warning: using USCSI interface
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'

0 ... NON CCS Disk
1 ... NON CCS Disk

is printed.

Of course, volmgr is stopped.

Is there something more to do in order to make cdrecord recognize my
drives ? I've read the various README of the cdrecord distro related
to Solaris but i've found nothing about this pb.
--
ric Jacoboni, n il y a 1302884662 secondes

2. Netgear FA310TX (21140) Lan card driver

3. Any body have cdrecord 1.9?!

4. extracting one of 2 copies (yes!) of a file from a tar archive

5. cdrecord problems (cdrecord -scanbus returning error). Please help

6. jdk for freebsd??

7. Anybody get the xemacs21.1.9 'package' to work on FBSD4.0?

8. AIX 4.2 & Netscape Enterprise Server 3.01

9. 'cdrecord' error!!??

10. Even More Help with 'cdrecord'

11. cdrecord : 'Recorder not ready'

12. cdrecord problem : 'read track info'

13. aic7xxx of 2.4.2: 'cdrecord -scanbus' complains about DVD