Question regarding the lucky.openbsd.* hierarchy

Question regarding the lucky.openbsd.* hierarchy

Post by He.. » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:15:53

Hello all,

Every once in the while I stumble onto the lucky.openbsd newsgroups
when I'm performing a Google search.  I've asked my newsgroup provider
to add the lucky.openbsd ng's.  They said they were not able to; it
was not a typical newsgroup where one can subscribe.

Regardless, I'd like to know how to read/subscribe to the lucky
newsgroup.

Thank you for the advice/suggestion.

Heiko.

------------------------------------
<EOF>
------------------------------------

Post by Daniel Hartmeie » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:14:14

> Regardless, I'd like to know how to read/subscribe to the lucky
> newsgroup.

Those are mailing list <-> usenet gated, into a local hierarchy (lucky.*)
which your ISP can't get. The real source are the mailing lists (see
http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html), so just subscribe to those.

I think the gate is only unidirectional, so you can't post to those
newsgroups anyway (and there are no posts on the newsgroups that didn't
originate from the mailing lists).

Daniel

1. Quick question regarding ELF & a.out WRT OpenBSD

I'm considering OpenBSD 2.5.

Has OpenBSD completely made the switch from a.out to ELF with version 2.5?

The reason for the interest is that I saw a newsgroup thread a while ago back
that said something to the effect that when FreeBSD completely moved to the
ELF format, most of the problems with running commercial Linux applications
disappeared (with the appropriate Linux files loaded).  FreeBSD made the
switch when it moved from version 2.2.x to 3.x.  Also Linux uses the ELF
format.  FreeBSD, I think, can still run a.out based files if a person loads a
compatibility file.

Thanks,
Larry Alan Smith
Beaverton, OR
USA

2. _setutent: Can't open utmp file

3. X hierarchy and startup questions

4. Disk sharing among multiple systems

5. X hierarchy and startup questions for embedded app

6. TMC xxx scsi chipsets

7. CFV: comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.announce,comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc

8. Your files have a revision date in the future (Linuxconf) ?

9. Lucky Star 51-VX1 motherboard with Linux

10. openbsd 2.7 cdrom layout, making an openbsd cd

11. CFV: comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.announce, comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc

12. lucky star 5v-1a m/b: looking for manual

13. lucky7.to - What a lucky Free URL Redirection Service!