perl script problem

Post by Bulba00 » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:22:56

How to I need change te above line in (FormMail V1.92 C 1995 - 2002 Matt
Wright A Free Product of Matt's Script Archive, Inc.)

$mailprog = '/usr/lib/sendmail -i -t';

to Postfix+SASL2+TLS configuration ?

Is there formmail free script which use Postfix mta?

B.

perl script problem

Post by Tim Hammerquis » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:26:39

Bulba007 graced us by uttering:

Quote:> How to I need change te above line in (FormMail V1.92 C 1995 - 2002 Matt
> Wright A Free Product of Matt's Script Archive, Inc.)

> $mailprog = '/usr/lib/sendmail -i -t';

> to Postfix+SASL2+TLS configuration ?

> Is there formmail free script which use Postfix mta?

Postfix is a sendmail-compatible MTA with it's own sendmail
executable.  On my Postfix system, the sendmail is located at
/usr/sbin/sendmail.  You should be able to use this whenever
"sendmail" is called for as an executable.

MSA FormMail, however, is evil.  Don't use it.  FormMail and
several other scripts from Matt's Script Archive are very
susceptible to exploits.  Even Matt recommends you not use his
scripts.  See <http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/> for secure
drop-in replacements for Matt's scripts.

HTH,
Tim Hammerquist
--
Abel had been dead for a couple of hours now.
But he was starting to feel better.

perl script problem

Post by steve at fivetree » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:29:16

Quote:> MSA FormMail, however, is evil.  Don't use it.  FormMail and
> several other scripts from Matt's Script Archive are very
> susceptible to exploits.  Even Matt recommends you not use his
> scripts.  See <http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/> for secure
> drop-in replacements for Matt's scripts.

Or write your own tailor-made form mail handlers in PHP (or Perl, or
whatever), and you'll benefit in many ways:
  - the form data can be validated exactly as required
  - the mail message can be better formatted to your needs
  - the confirmation/rejection process/pages can fit in better with your
site
  - and, most significantly, you can hard-code (or at least control) the
recipient(s).

Steve
http://www.fivetrees.com
http://www.sfdesign.co.uk

1. Perl script problem under cron

I wrote this perl script when I run it from via command line it runs fine.
but when I schedule it from cron i'ts returning and error in the script I
make 2 system() calls calling /usr/bin/mailx

Your "cron" job on sparky
* /usr/bin/perl /export/home/rbrown/ftp_code/interface.pl

produced the following output:

sh: 4Missy: cannot execute

4Missy seems to be a file in my home directory that someone the perl script
is picking up not sure why, but anyone know why this is happening i'm using
the absolute path in the script /usr/bin/mailx I know perl has modules for
smtp but anyone know why this might be happening ?

2. updating minicom

3. Perl scripts problem with Apache

4. Matrox MGA G100 4MO

5. Pls help: local mailer (Perl script) problem

6. Linux Install Help!!

7. Newbie with simple (!) CGI-Perl script problem

8. bstring.h doesn't work under Linux

9. Execute a sh script under perl and sh: sh script; perl script?

10. Problem in Calling a Perl Script from a Bash Script

11. Apache-perl: place html files and perl scripts in the same location

12. ksh 1, perl 2 - ksh or perl for scripting?

13. Incomplete output from crontab email: running shell scripts from a perl script