Problem installing OBSD from CD

Post by Johannes Willenbor » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 23:41:19

Hello to all,

i want to install OBSD via CD. Burned all files from .../3.3/i386/ onto
a CD with NERO. Booted from floppy and was asked for the path to the
install sets. Then I've only one choice: [ ] bsd
I dont see the other install sets. mounting /dev/cd0a works fine. All
files seem to be ok.

Had no problems with installing 3.2 the same way. Any ideas?

thanx,
Johannes

Post by Daniel Hartmeie » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:58:04

> Had no problems with installing 3.2 the same way. Any ideas?

Is it a 3.3 boot floppy? The install script will search for files based on the
version in the file name (a 3.2 boot floppy doesn't see the 3.3 files, etc.).

And did you specify, during the installer script dialogue, the right path
for the files on the CD? The default is /3.3/something, if you put the files
into / on the CD, you'll have to specify / there.

Daniel

Problem installing OBSD from CD

Post by Trev » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:17:55

Quote:> Hello to all,

> i want to install OBSD via CD. Burned all files from .../3.3/i386/ onto
> a CD with NERO. Booted from floppy and was asked for the path to the
> install sets. Then I've only one choice: [ ] bsd
> I dont see the other install sets. mounting /dev/cd0a works fine. All
> files seem to be ok.

> Had no problems with installing 3.2 the same way. Any ideas?

> thanx,
> Johannes

Hi,

I pretty much copy the whole files to a cd (like what you did) using Nero
and made it bootable by using floppy33.fs as the boot image (so that the
disk is bootable without any needs for floppy disk).

You might want to try that.
Otherwise, do what the Daniel suggested (make sure the floppy is the same
version).

Trev.

Problem installing OBSD from CD

Post by Wührer Rober » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 03:49:56

Hello Johannes,

i have got the same problem.
Nero burned the file with uppercase on cdrom or a wrong filesystem
(iso9660 or so).
a second cdrom with iso-2 only works ok.
look on the cdrom a the filename.

ciao robert, austria!

Quote:> Hello to all,

> i want to install OBSD via CD. Burned all files from .../3.3/i386/
onto
> a CD with NERO. Booted from floppy and was asked for the path to the
> install sets. Then I've only one choice: [ ] bsd
> I dont see the other install sets. mounting /dev/cd0a works fine.
All
> files seem to be ok.

> Had no problems with installing 3.2 the same way. Any ideas?

> thanx,
> Johannes

1. OBSD 3.0 Install Problem

Hi,

I have a problem with installing OBSD 3.0 as the install kernel won't
boot on my machine.

My machine's vitals.  P3-550, Promise Ultra66 PCI (PDC20262), Adaptec
2930CU, 256MB RAM.

I have had no trouble with the previous releases 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 as the
installs for these went without a hitch.

The problem seems to be with the Promise Card as the boot hangs there
with the screen scrolling the following message:

  pciide 1:1:bogus intr (reg0x1135120) <----(have to hard boot machine
at this point)

When the machine boots normally it assigns pciide(1:0:0) to the first
HDD, pciide(1:1:0) to the 2nd HDD on the Promise controller.

Is there a way to assign these addresses at the boot prompt with UKC or
otherwise?

Thanks for any help.

2. Newbie Soundcard Problem

3. Problem installing OBSD 2.7 from tape on MVME167

4. Kernel supporting AHA2940 ?

5. Help with q-mail install problem on OBSD 3.1

6. License cannot connected....???

7. obsd install problem

8. More on 3.0-SNAP -> 3.1-STABLE problem..

9. CD ripper for OBSD?

10. Help: problem installing CD-562 cd-rom

11. OBSD Won't see my IDE CD-ROM

12. problem reading cd - sco install using ATAPI cd-rom drive

13. [Fwd: Last attempt to install obsd right....Please, any help??]