Problem with 1.3-linux port

Post by Dennis Rus » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 04:32:30

I installed the -current ports in my home directory.  Also, I have a
symbolical in /usr to that directory.  Now, as I see it I should go
into /home/****/ports/devel/jdk/1.3-linux and just type make - right??
 I did that first and then it just started to d/l all the files that
it needed (normal I suppose)  It ended with an error.  Now if type
make (now I have all those files that it needs from the first time I
used make) I get the following output:

===>  Checking files for jdk-linux-1.3.1

Quote:>>  Checksum OK for j2sdk-1_3_1-linux-i386.bin.  (sha1)

===>  jdk-linux-1.3.1 depends on:
/usr/local/emul/redhat/usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6 - found
===>  Extracting for jdk-linux-1.3.1
Abort
*** Error code 134

Stop in /home/****/ports/devel/jdk/1.3-linux (line 1450 of
/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).

Is the error a cause of the symbolical link??  When I ls -l from /usr,
I get ports -> /home/****/ports  I assumed that it was set up ok (the
link) from this output.  The reason I had to do this is that I am out
of room on my /usr partition.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

cheers,
dr

Problem with 1.3-linux port

Post by Dave Uhrin » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 01:08:24

> I installed the -current ports in my home directory.  Also, I have a
> symbolical in /usr to that directory.  Now, as I see it I should go
> into /home/****/ports/devel/jdk/1.3-linux and just type make - right??
>  I did that first and then it just started to d/l all the files that
> it needed (normal I suppose)  It ended with an error.  Now if type
> make (now I have all those files that it needs from the first time I
> used make) I get the following output:

> ===>  Checking files for jdk-linux-1.3.1
>>>  Checksum OK for j2sdk-1_3_1-linux-i386.bin.  (sha1)
> ===>  jdk-linux-1.3.1 depends on:
> /usr/local/emul/redhat/usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6 - found
> ===>  Extracting for jdk-linux-1.3.1
> Abort
> *** Error code 134

> Stop in /home/****/ports/devel/jdk/1.3-linux (line 1450 of
> /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).

> Is the error a cause of the symbolical link??  When I ls -l from /usr,
> I get ports -> /home/****/ports  I assumed that it was set up ok (the
> link) from this output.  The reason I had to do this is that I am out
> of room on my /usr partition.

> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

> cheers,
> dr

Unless you are running -current OpenBSD, you cannot use the -current
ports.  Either install the ports for 2.9-release or CVS checkout the
ports tree from 12 Aug 01.

Problem with 1.3-linux port

Post by Dennis Rus » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:10:02

Quote:> Unless you are running -current OpenBSD, you cannot use the -current
> ports.  Either install the ports for 2.9-release or CVS checkout the
> ports tree from 12 Aug 01.

I'm a little lost here.  The reason I installed the -current ports
tree is that someone mentioned that jdk1.3 is on there.  Right now, I
have 2.9 installed.  I need to install the jdk on my box.  What is the
best way to do this??

Thanks for the heads-up...

cheers,
dr

Problem with 1.3-linux port

Post by Dave Uhrin » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:15:48

>> Unless you are running -current OpenBSD, you cannot use the -current
>> ports.  Either install the ports for 2.9-release or CVS checkout the
>> ports tree from 12 Aug 01.

> I'm a little lost here.  The reason I installed the -current ports
> tree is that someone mentioned that jdk1.3 is on there.  Right now, I
> have 2.9 installed.  I need to install the jdk on my box.  What is the
> best way to do this??

> Thanks for the heads-up...

> cheers,
> dr

You can either do a CVS checkout of the /usr/src tree and 'make build'
or you can do an upgrade to the latest snapshot.  And right now the
latter option might not work since its date is 08/03/01.

There really should be no confusion about this matter.  From
http://openbsd.org/ports.html

"The current ports tree may not be used with the previous release once
the switch to tracking OpenBSD-current occurs. This is due to changes,
typically with the port make process, that require code based upon the
OpenBSD-current source tree. This switch will be announced on the

And the switch was announced about 08/15/01.